Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hopeless....again!!


I know I have been a might lax in my blogging as of late.  But honestly, well let's just leave it at that. No excuses, no problems, just life.   And speaking of life I haven't even mentioned Bible Study and what we are focusing on this session, 12 Women of the Bible, 6 from the Old Testament and 6 from the New Testament.  Each week there is a different woman and how her struggles and issues relate to exactly what we women go through thousands of years later.  We began with Eve, we are all fully aware of her "temptation issues" but hey, who among us hasn't been tempted by something or someone in our lives?  I will be the first to step forward on this one with the temptations I have tripped on during my lifetime and I am not just talkin' chocolate chip cookies either.  Next we studied Rebekah and breaking free from feminine stereotypes.  Aren't we constantly bombarded with ads on being beautiful, slim, and wrinkle free?  Shouldn't we stop and look at our inner beauty and the "other" gifts God has given us?  But I gotta admit that same week we studied Rebekah I was flipping through a recent magazine where I came across an ad for a new makeup that would instantly make you look younger.  So what did I do, not only did I fall for the temptation but I immediately purchased a tube in hopes of the "promise" of wrinkle less skin.   Clearly the study is not sinking in with me. Undoubtedly we women have struggled with temptation, body issues, rejection, confrontation, needs and wants since the beginning of time.

OK, I just wrote about temptations, so what did I do after Bible Study, went to Trader Joe's and fell into temptation again with flowers, pumpkins with curly cue stems (totally irresistible) and pumpkin cream cheese spread.  I am absolutely hopeless.

On the way home, I did stop at a small park where the leaves are turning those wonderful shades of reds and orange and along with the bright blue sky it was calling me to stop and snap a few pics....couldn't stay too long didn't want the ice cream to melt...snort!!



And then, because I happened to be standing underneath an oak tree where the acorns had fallen to the ground a squirrel was giving me heck, obviously trying to tell me I was standing on his lunch.


While another one could care less that I was there, he just kept on eating, but clearly this one either had an ear defect or had been in one too many fights over those acorns.  Not sure...


Off to Bunco and a delicious meal.

"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering."  ~ Steve Maraboli

Until next time.....


18 comments:

  1. lovely autumn photos. self-image is certainly a struggle long-ingrained into us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about temptation - I just had ice cream for dinner and am now thinking of a glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not all temptation is bad - especially when you're able to use them to fuel your wonderful talent! And - if you ever do find that miracle wrinkle cream - please let me in on the secret!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had an ice cream sandwich and I surely didn't need to eat that this time of night! I've been on a blog break, too, and am still slow starting up again.
    Oh, and I just have to add "me, too...me too!" in agreement with Karen about letting us know if you find that miracle wrinkle cream. :) Your photos are beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found some beautiful fall color and a couple of cute little critters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Temptation--yes, I know what that is! Nowadays, it involves Halloween candy. :-)

    Lovely photos. Great shots of the squirrels The first one definitely looks perturbed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty autumn photos and I really enjoyed your thoughts today. You are so right about those pesky temptations - I got a giggle out of the melting ice cream. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did reading this post today. You hasn't been tempted and fallen victim to it. ah well who is pefect!! Sounds a great Bible study. Glad yo stopped long enough to get these beautiful fall shots without the ice cream melting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true. I know Biblical truth and time and time again I fall prey to the world. But it is a journey. Love your fall shots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that squirrel has a plan? now what is it? ( :

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, pumpkin cream cheese????
    Give me that and a pumpkin bagel and I'd be in Heaven.
    Beautiful photographs, Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Giving into temptation isn't always a bad thing - it leads us to expand, explore, and learn. Don't be so hard on yourself. It is also important to feel good about yourself - when you do, you are in a better position to feel better about those around you. As women, we are too often discouraged to give ourself permission to feel good, look good, and place importance on ourself versus everyone around us.

    Great shots and hope the ice cream didn't melt too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopeless, you're not. Human, you are. We should learn to celebrate that instead of beating up on ourselves. You got some lovely fall photos, my friend! Much more than I've mustered so far this season.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so loving your leaf shots and the adorable squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delightfully truthful . . . every little bit . . . those squirrel eyes have it all figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hear you Deanna - so no excuses from me either about my constant absence… sigh… What a beautiful selection of fall photos - I'm glad I made it here today to admire these!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well just enjoy life, don't worry about the blog...it will always be here. The squirrel did make me laugh today my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the bible studies that show us all the weaknesses of others. Such great lessons that God gives to us. I just came back from a very hurried trip to Illinois. I thought of you but my time was pretty rushed. Next time I come, really do want to see you. Love your fall shots and glad you are enjoying the fall weather. I saw so many gorgeous trees while I was in the Galesburg area. Also really loved all the signs of the harvest. Hugs to you from Texas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.