Thursday, July 17, 2014

Perfect


After coffee and a chocolate croissant at B&N with my gal pals I wanted no part of going home and doing something constructive like laundry.  It was a bell-ringer kinda day with large pouffy clouds, mild temps and soft breezes so I headed to the Arboretum, along with a zillion kids.  I think they are having a kids camp thingy this week, thus the amount of hyper active children.  They were acting exactly the way I felt....running barefoot, laughing, playing in the pools of water, sliding down the ramps, and no, I did none of these things, but in my young heart I was right there with them.

But what I did do was find beauties like this.....


And this...these are different kinds of bees that I have flying in my yard.  Mine (yeah right, like I have any control over the bees in my yard) are big, fat, bright yellow with black stripes...this one is more honey colored.  No clue as to the different types of bees, but know enough not to bother them.  They are super important to our environment so I am always delighted to see bees whatever kind they are.


And I was really surprised to see the sunflowers already in bloom....usually an August sighting.


Pretty, pretty pink hydrangeas....my pink hydrangeas didn't wake up this year.  The bush is full of bright green leaves but not one single bloom....drats.


Looks like a new type of cone flower with it's yellow/lime tips.


And a lazy frog, just soaking up the sunshine....



My contribution to TexWiseGirl's "Good Fences" meme for the week....


All in all it was....


"Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability." ~Sam Keen

Until next time.....

29 comments:

  1. lovely, lovely! cute little frog! thanks for joining up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stop off. I love that new cone flower color. Does seem a bit early for sun flowers, since it has been kind of chilly this summer. At least here it has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it does look and sound like the 'perfect day'! And I'm with you on the laundry, It ain't going anywhere so we might as well play. And the hydrangeas ... well, I have one tiny bloom on one of my two plants. The foliage is lovely. But the hard winter did a number on them and my well-meaning husband cut them back in the spring. I looked it up. They are either going to be very late blooming or not bloom until next year. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wise decision to skip the laundry, Deanna, and a very beautiful one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaaah, that would be my kind of day too Deanna; sharing coffee with friends and then off to the arboretum like you did in fine weather too it is. No arboretums about here, but I must look up online and see where the nearest one might be. The flowers and nature you captured are fabulous (always)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Deanna These are a; wonderful shots and my favorite is the cone flower. it is amazing.Oh I would love tobe able to photograph like you. I do not seem to be able to do close ups well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of your Perfect Day photos!
    Especially the frog . . . looks so slipperyand full of vim and vigor

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, lovely images.. The second shot is gorgeous and I love the cute frog.. Perfect post for a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely! And far better than the boring task of laundry!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deanna,
    Your beautiful photos made my day. All I can say is they are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is all so lovely... love the frog most... would have make a wonderful enlargement?? Sorry I've been so absent.. trying to figure out what normal is these days...

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great day! beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lovely! It's a wonderful day for me when I can see some of your photos. :-) You capture these flowers so beautifully. And I love the frog and how he's fitting in with his environment so seamlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad life is treating you well this summer and you are as spunky as ever, looks like you are liking that new lens. Just perfect captures, so lovely Deanna.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous spot, Deanna wish I could be there with you ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always love your captures! And I love the fact that you downplayed your chocolate treat at coffee. Tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  18. It does look like a perfect day! my kids are just 15 minutes from the Arboretum (they got married there). It sounds like they have an awesome kids area too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful flowers, Deanna and how fun to have a place for kids at the arboretum. Wishing you many more perfect days. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Deanna, I am like you after I have been with girl friends, the last thing I want to do is go home and do housework. Why spoil the great mood?! My frog image is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great shots, and what a charming little frog! Hope your summer is great and that did look like a bell ringer of a day! Did I see you in Holland??

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful photos, Deanna! Love the frog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow, Deanna! These images are just divine! I love the DOF you have used on the last fence shot. Your floral images and the focus of the bee on the flower are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great shots .... I enjoyed each and every one of them!!!
    My hydrangea bush will NOT bloom ever!!! I've had it for 3 years and not one bloom :-(
    diane @ thoughts and shots

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi there! Just checking in on you ! Hoping that all is well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.