Sunday, June 28, 2015

Ahh My Little Chickadee

Sometimes I get a little carried away with my camera.  A couple of days ago, between the raindrops, I heard the chickadees, they have a very distinctive chirp, so I slowly, slowly walked out to the backyard with camera in hand.  Spotted him first on the neighbors sad dead tree.....


I have a couple of bird-feeders in the back yard but the chickadees sometimes are skitish to come to the feeder when there are so many others flocking around.  He sat there observing the possibilities of how to partake in those yummy sunflower seeds.  I can see his little mind thinking...."oh what the heck, I'll just go down and check it out. "


OK, now I am here, but it looks like most of the seeds have fallen on the hosta leaves....


Ahh, here they are....thank goodness these leaves are big enough to hold me while I forage for food.


Suppose there are more over there?


Are you watching me?  And by the way, your siding really needs a good power wash.


After a few more bites he was back to the tree, looking rather stuffed and sleepy. Probably nap time. I totally agree that after lunch is a good time for a nap.

Saturday was gorgeous, blue skies, pleasant temps so I took advantage of the nice day and worked in the garden, transplanted a hosta from back to front, planted 3 ferns....I really love ferns but I haven't had very good luck with them.  The new variety I bought is called a Christmas Fern and it is supposed to thrive in dry shade which is exactly what I have in the front yard.  Keeping fingers crossed, if they survive I will have them on my nursery list for next year.  My front yard garden is surrounded by a maple, a honey locust, and a silver maple and between those 3 they drink suck up all the water leaving my poor garden so dry.  This year has been a different story with all the rain. Right now, it is raining again...what can I say.

Stopped at TJ's after church to stock up since I am hosting Bunco tomorrow evening.  Had to buy some fresh flowers, don't you always buy flowers when you go to TJ's?  Found these beautiful red gerbera daisies and thought I would share them with you.  They look mighty purty on the back porch!!


Must go, watching Poldark and the Crimson Field on PBS, I enjoyed them both last week so anticipating good things tonight.  Happy Sunday!!  Hope you have a joy field-week, 13 days until Paris but whose counting.

Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.  ~ Maya Angelou

Until next time.....


12 comments:

  1. Your garden is so green and lush!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI I can tell you are so excited about going to Paris. I love this post and your lttle Chickadee. He is lovely and a very similar bird to our little Coal Tit who seem to behave in the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you got some really good shots of that chickadee. Kudos to you for your expertise. And, yes, I am counting right along with you about the Paris trip. Can't wait to see what you post!! Have a wonderful time and do something for me, okay, since I can't go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm getting a little more picky than I used to be when taking pictures. I seem look for the artistic side of what I am photographing vs. quantity.

    Sounds like you are enjoying the simple lovely things that make life full, bird watching, pretty flowers and nice weather.

    Have fun on your Paris trip. Don't forget your camera or charger, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Chickadee is gorgeous, Deanna! :)) Have fun on your Paris trip! I love Paris so much, it's such a welcoming, romantic and charming city. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a talent capturing birds. I remember that from the hawk that you shot at Windmill Island last year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those red gerbera are beautiful and they are indeed perfect for your lovely back porch, the one that brings back such wonderful memories for me. And you do an amazing job photographing the birds. I think I'm not patient enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots of the sweet little Chickadee. I love to watch them at the feeder - the way they grab a seed and quickly fly off with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleasant to hear the chirp chirp, cheep cheep . . .
    Wonderful pictures . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a sweet little fellow. Loved the shot of him on the hosta leaves. Yes those were pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am wishing you a joy filled week too! I love the power wash thought. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are leaving for paris almost the same day we leave for Maui! know you are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Such an amazing place. HOpe you are bringing your tripod.... lots of dark spots like Notre dame.... and more. Your little birdie is so sweet. Hope your trip is just an amazing one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.