I am writing this from sunny Arizona where the temps have been from the 90's to the 40's. Last week when I arrived, Arizona was in the middle of an early heat wave and temps were way up. Sunday brought much cooler weather and yesterday as I wandered around the zoo for 4 1/2 hours it was a comfortable 68 degrees. Perfect.
51. Zoos make me very happy, especially giraffes.
52. Pink Flamingos make me happy....how can you not love a pink flamingo? Even their color is happy.
Since I have been here I have been out to eat about a gazillion times, saw 2 movies, The Lady in the Van being one which I totally enjoyed, shopped, went to a concert where the Tokens were performing....now you say "who in the heck are the Tokens?' They had 2 hits in their entire career (PS they are now in my age category so you know how old they are, (think 1950's do wop music). Their greatest hit was "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" from the ever popular Lion King. Click on the link and you can enjoy hearing the Tokens.
I've been to the Desert Botanical Garden and Butterfly Wonderland with my sweet friend, Terri, had a pedicure (ahhh), sat on the patio and snoozed in the sunshine, a wonderful time away from the not quite spring Midwest.
53. The desert makes me happy....there is great beauty to be found among the palm trees, the cactus, the birds, And it especially makes me happy after a winter in Chicago.
54. Birds make me happy...their colors, their sweet sounds.
55. Happiness is living in the USA and proudly displaying our flag.
56. Happiness is butterflies...
OK now on to more practical happy...
57. Garbage disposals make me happy. I can remember the days when getting rid of kitchen garbage was nasty business.
58. Campfires make me happy, sitting around, enjoying the flames, roasting a marshmellow or two.
59. Daffodils in springtime.....
60. Pasta of any size shape or form.
61. Pedicures - having my toes. feet, and legs messaged, fresh polish on the toenails, and softened feet and legs is darn close to heaven.
62. A car wash and a full tank of gas.
63. Big Band Music....love Tommy Dorsey, Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, watching Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers dancing "Sing, Sing, Sing"
64. Baby Christenings
65. Checking 2 bags free with Southwest Airlines makes me happy.
66. Walt Disney and his talents - where would we be without Cinderella, Mickey Mouse, Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland, 101 Dalmations, etc etc
67. Berries of any size, shape or color (but red is my absolute favorite)
Only 6 more to do. How completely satisfied this exercise has been. Not only am I happy about so many wonders in my life, I feel I am totally blessed with all. It certainly helps erase any negativity in my life, when you count your happy's and your blessings. As good ole Louis Armstrong would say...."it's a wonderful life!"
Until next time.....