Thursday, March 10, 2016

Happy Birthday to Me

Maybe that may seem strange to some, wishing yourself a Happy Birthday, but at 73 it is indeed a celebration....a celebration of life and all the blessings and goodness that has entered my life in these 73 years.  As I continue to share 73 things that make me happy, I realize that life and it's happiness is a decision that I consciously make each and every day.  I can wallow in the (shit) that happens or I can magnify those everyday beams of light and happiness that rise to the top.  I chose the light.


68.  The trees that flower in the spring.

69.  Any color, size or shape of a blooming flower. It's impossible to chose a favorite among all the bountiful beauties.



And especially flowers with water droplets...



70.  A quail sitting on a fence makes me happy.


71.  Unique doors in Tucson make me happy...



72.  Peach Sangria at Carrabas is a happy drink!

73.  It is almost impossible to list all who make me happy....

  • My children (Lisa and Lane)
  • My son-in-law and my daughter-in-law (Sam and Nelly)
  • My grandchildren (Brandon, Bailey, Brie)
  • My grand daughter-in-law (Hilary)
  • My great grandchild (Matilda Mae)
  • My brother, my brothers-in-law, my sisters-in-law
  • My friends (too many to list, I am blessed)
  • My kids (Cinder & Toby)
  • And all who lead me in spiritual direction
I truly loved writing this exercise in happiness.  I encourage all of you to mark the happy things in your life, you will be surprised at how many there are.

Until next time.....




23 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you, Deanna! Lovely photos of some of the things that make you happy! Have a really WONDERFUL day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. We are now the same age. I loved your list of things that make you happy and your photography is excellent. Enjoy your day, you are now in your 74th year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday my friend! It is indeed a celebration!! Anxious to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Hope your year is filled with fun, love, and amazing adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had a delightful day to begin your 74th trip around the sun. And your 'list' - just beautiful. Just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just looked at your photos again and realized that I took a photo of the '405' in that last shot because that's our house number and I remember thinking how pretty it was! :-D Ahhhh. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Deanna! Blessings to you as you celebrate. these photos are stunning. You have blessed so many with your gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your 73 things that make you happy! We do have so much to appreciate in our lives! Your photos are amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh AND hope your birthday is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic photos, Deanna! Loved spending the days leading up to your birthday with you. It's always fun to see how you capture the same things I'm shooting in your own style. That quail sure posed for you, didn't he? Sorry to see you go but I know we'll be together again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to you! Such wonderful flowers here! Rejoice in the Lord always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Day and many more, Deanna! Looks like you're enjoying AZ!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday to you, Deanna! The photos are gorgeous, and your resilient attitude is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Deanna,
    First and foremost, a belated, but very Happy Birthday to you!
    Somewhere along the way, I lost you. I was following you on Bloglovin', but obviously I was not being updated when you posted. :-(
    I just thought you had stopped posting and was posting on FOL only.
    Anyway, I found you again, and I am so glad.
    I hope your birthday was perfect in every way.
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, lovely, lovely . . . your photos are stunning!
    How happy I am to have met you . . .
    Happy Birthday Deanna . . .

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've loved following your 73 happy things! There is so much to be grateful for in this world, even among the sad stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday, Deanna! Who better to wish you one than your own self, who knows you inside out? I have enjoyed following your "happy" list and you've inspired me to make one of my own. Oh, and I LOVE that quail on the fence! He's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy belated Birthday, Deanna! I loved reading your happy list - so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the countdown. Happy birthday! Your photos are extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A bit late here! have loved your method of celebrating life for your birthday. Yes there are unnumbered things in life which are so wonderful! hope your year ahead is a great one Deanna! Looking forward to our upcoming adventure, and you will be happy to know that I am carrying along a paper packet with the name of our hotels. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's always a good time to count your blessings and things that make you happy. Have a wonderful weekend and happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am revisiting . . . reread your "happiness" too . . .
    You are in my heart this morning so I needed to revisit and say
    Good Morning . . .
    Love ~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.