Saturday, September 29, 2012

Five Fact Friday oops I mean Saturday


I thought I might try and play along with Kim's "Five Fact Friday"  Think I will list something rather benign....5 favorite drinks since last week I did nothing but complain.
  1. I think a good cup of coffee is at the top of the list.  Nothing gets my motor started better in the morning than that first cup, or the 2nd or the 3rd....but that's all, just 3.  
  2. In the evenings I like a nice glass of wine...discovered Muscato recently and am lovin' it.  But it's not fun drinking alone.  When my Mother lived with me, we enjoyed a glass together almost every evening at 5:00 PM, sometimes a little earlier, sometimes a little later.  My sweetie never drank anything alcoholic, he was allergic to alcohol, would break out in hives, so until my Mom moved in with us I rarely drank a glass.  Now that she is gone, I still carry on the tradition, altho not every evening. 
  3. A good old fashioned chocolate soda with vanilla ice cream is my idea of a yummy treat.  I haven't had one of these in years, not too many places have "soda", mostly shakes and smoothies are the treats of today.  I have recently discovered "Red Mango" a smoothie place in our downtown that makes the best banana, strawberry, peanut butter, yogurt smoothie.  I am sure it is much better for me than that chocolate soda.  
  4. I love Dr. Pepper, not diet but regular.  Growing up in the south where Dr. Pepper got it's start I remember the Dr. Pepper building with the big clock with the 10 2 and 4 highlighted...in other words...Dr. Pepper is good any time of the day.  Unfortunately as I have aged and sleep evades me, I have really cut back on drinking caffeine during the day.  After my coffee in the mornings, I try to stay away from caffeinated drinks.  
  5. A frozen margarita can whet my thirst along with some chips and salsa...ahh a nice evening treat or at lunch, not picky.  

                                            

"Who, being loved, is poor?"  ~  Oscar Wilde

Until next time.....


15 comments:

  1. This wasn't at all boring. I enjoyed reading about your favorite beverages. The Dr. Pepper photo was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even your benign facts can be fun! Yesterday I had two cups of coffee and felt jittery and nauseous afterwards. But it did get the rusty ol' motor going! That was a sweet tradition with your mother. I'm sure mom and I would have done the same if she hadn't been on so much medication. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I can relate to the coffee and the wine. Did you know that today is National Coffee Day? But mostly I drink just plain ol' water. Nothing better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't get going w/o my morning java. Enjoyed your five facts. Your sweetie holding a cuppa is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You hit four of my favorites, as well. I'd just switch out the ice cream soda for a chocolate milk shake. Fun facts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on that first cup of coffee in the morning. I usually stop at two, otherwisw I ge the jitters. :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you for that 1st, 2nd, and 3rd cup of coffee to get me going. I drink half calf so I can have a few more cups. :0) I do love a glass of wine in the evening too, but seldom have it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a fun post. I would have to leave out the coffee and smoothies, though. Never learned to drink coffee and I think my dislike of smoothies came from being encouraged to drink them during my chemo sessions. But, you have a wonderful and wide range of 5 great drinks to enjoy. Have a fabulous week and have a glass of Muscato for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not boring!! Fun facts! Your poor sweetie being allergic to alcohol. I have to be careful on my blog this week cause all I wanna do is bitch about the triple digits!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're never boring!! interesting and creative facts. we don't have Dr Pepper in Portugal, it's the first time I hear about it and loved the story behind the drink. I also did my 5 Fact Friday on a Saturday ;) lol

    happy Sunday. xxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great facts to know sounds like the simple things in life make you happy! Great post and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mm that pb, banana, strawberry, smoothie sounds delicious!! I am not a huge red wine fan, but I do love muscato!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My daughter is a hard core 'Pepper'. I love the last photo!!! I was looking at my hands last night in the glare of the bathroom lights thinking how much they have changed...it has been a number of years since I have photographed them for a blog post I did on an old old blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed reading these fun facts about you my friend. Like you my best friend in the morning is my coffee.. I call it my liquid sunshine. And I do like to sip on a glass of red wine in the evening. But in the in-between its just water for me. I am not a soda fan at all. I don't know why. Love the fancy glass and straw. Now that the way to drink a soft drink.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved reading your post so much, Deanna! I once tried doing the 5 facts, too, but ended up sitting at my computer and I couldn't think of anything at all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.