Tuesday, May 21, 2013

To Have My Senses Put In Order

"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order."  ~  John Burroughs




It's hard to beat nature for soothing the soul.  If you are feeling a little extra stressed or overwhelmed by the events of life....I encourage you to take some time and breathe in God's gift to us.

This sweet one that I photographed on Sunday certainly knows how to appreciate the beauty of nature.


As I sit here writing this post, I can hear the birds chirping out my door, it sounds as tho they are calling me to join them, because I certainly cannot enjoy this spring beauty indoors.



"To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter; to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life."  ~John Burroughs

Linking to Nancy's Tuesday Muse.

Until next time....








28 comments:

  1. For me...nothing soothes my soul more than wee little ones..oh is she precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. And, what a precious little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. another delightful post Deanna; I love portulaccas ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe in nature - brought to me by God!
    Lovely, lovely post my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - nature let's me take a step back and just breathe for a moment. This was certainly a beautiful walk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Karen. and that little one? swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such wise words, and such beautiful photos. And what a delightful new BFF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each photo a treasure, Deanna - spring is certainly a glorious time there. Smell some flowers for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favourite quotes. And what a sweet baby girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little girl looks like a porcelain doll baby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That little one is a doll! I find nature soothing to my soul and I went out taking photos today. Hope to share some in a day or so.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh she is just precious- what a cutie! And the outdoor scenery too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful images and that little girl is just so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've just figured out how soothing nature is just in the last couple of years. I often go talk to God outside and marvel at His creation. Your photos are so beautiful and the little girl is beyond adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree! I feel so close to God when I'm out in nature surrounded by His creation!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I could just escape into that first shot - simply breath-taking. And that little girl - adorable! Great job on all of these Deanna.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a nature lover, for sure. Your images are just beautiful, Deanna, and the little one is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It makes me feel so good inside to see a child so happy to be out in nature. Your photos are always wonderful, Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photos and a wonderful post!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely reminder to appreciate the wonders of nature. Love your sweet photos! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. The photo of that adorable little one nearly made me cry, it's so sweet Deanna. Hope you are feeling a little less stressed after your outing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. I did a little of that yesterday, in 102 degrees....whew I can't do the heat like I used to! That little girl, so cute, and you captured her personality for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What lovely images you've captured here. You certainly immerse yourself in the beauty of the day. And that little one is just the sweetest. Thank for your visit to my blog recently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such lovely shots! That little girl is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely shots Deanna, but that little sweetie and her whispy curls steals the show!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.