Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Spectacular

It's raining and very cool today, hasn't even reached 70 degrees, but that's OK...we have had some rather spectacular days lately, so I guess we need to balance our spectacular with some little less-spectacular. And speaking of spectacular....I got my new lens today.  Yeah, I know, it's raining so I really can't test it out quite yet, but I did take a couple of shots from inside looking out.  This one is thru the front window in the rain...not bad huh??!!


And then there was these two from the back porch....



I can hardly wait until I can take it for a real run....like to the Arboretum.


You would think I had a thing for pink wouldn't you.  I'll admit I do love pink in the garden, but then I love reds & yellows, & blues & purples...oh sigh, I just love summertime.

Read any good books lately??  I just finished "What Alice Forgot" by the same author that wrote "The Husband's Secret".  Both are about women who experience a moment that changes their lives.  Alice's story begins with her falling and hitting her head during her "spinning" class at the gym.  When she regains consciousness she has forgotten the last 10 years of her life.  Each chapter unfolds more and more of her life and the lives of the women who she holds dear.  I would give it 4 out of 5 stars.

And I have to admit I am watching "Fargo" .  What a demented group of characters.  Billy Bob Thornton has to be the best of the bad guys and Martin Freeman as the shrinking, unassertive man turned totally undaunted is outstanding.  It is a very character driven show, well worth a watch if you are a little demented like me. Martin Freeman is such a diverse actor, from Bilbo Baggins in the Hobbit movies to Dr. Watson in the terrific PBS series, Sherlock Holmes.  I had all the episodes taped (actually debating whether I was going to watch them) and one day last week I was feeling a little under the weather so I crawled in bed and watched all of them, one right after the other.  There are several summer TV shows that sound kinda promising, let me know if you come across one that catches your eye.

And just because....here are my kids.



They are happy that it's summertime too!!

"Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow." ~ Doug Firebaugh


Until next time....


18 comments:

  1. i've got a bunch of fargo episodes on tape but have only watched the first one, thus far. :) your garden looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I was delighted when Bloglovin' told me I had a post from 'Snippets'. Yay!! Second, inquiring minds want to know: What new lens did you get???? Since I'm sorta thinking ... well, you know how it is, I'd just like a report. Photos through the window are nice but I await a description and report! And finally, I was also delighted to see you at Camper today! Yes our yarrow are looking good so far. Fortunately, it's raining a nice steady rain because we hit a bit of a dry patch. I've got coneflowers ready to pop and the rain will help. So happy to visit with you today!
    {{ hugs }}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I, too, am curious about your new lens - so exciting to have a new toy! I read Thr Husbands Secret, and am now curious about What Alice Forgot. I just read The Fault in our Stars and enjoyed it and started What the Dog Saw for a new book club I joined - not sure about this one (not my usual genre). I think your rain is headed our way - but that's okay. Maybe it will help my flowers to be as beautiful as yours are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Deanna! Every time I hear a wood chipper running I cringe and think of Fargo the movie.) *shivers* But now that I am reading again it is good to know of some good book recommendations. I just finished The Memory Keeper's Daughter and loved it! Blessings, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pink roses are gorgeous, Deanna! Always fun to get a new lens to play with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are always stunning . . . the new lens looks like more of Spectacular Snippets . . . maybe even more so.
    Love all the pinks . . .
    and the precious furry kids . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like the lens is a winner! I purchased a Tamron lens a couple of years ago and did not like it. Probably operator error.

    I read both of those books last year and both are page turners...at least to me. Can't seem to get my attention span directed towards any books this year.

    Have fun with your new toy. Rain, rain go away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Summertine theme post. Your new lens is a keeper, but now I'm curious what lens it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous flowers! Those books sound good, I am about to finish "The Hundred Foot Journey" highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deanna,
    Spectacular ... I love every bit of this post! Gorgeous flowers, happy spirits, a good read and beautiful shots of the "kids."
    I finished The Fault In Our Stars by John Green earlier this week; I highly recommend it. I added What Alice Forgot to my Amazon wish list, thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how fun a new lens, lots of time to put it to good use. I am reading The Songs of Willow Frost right now, very good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your yard my dear, so beautiful, and your kids are pretty darn cute. Have a great day hope you get to take you new baby out to play.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Raining and really cool here too, Deanna. :-(
    Hopefully it will change soon.

    Your photographs here are wonderful, and I look forward to seeing more of what you make with your new lens.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're having a cooler than normal day here too, which is FINE by me. I cherish the days my windows and doors can stay open and the AC is NO WHERE near having to go on! Colorful post and adore "your kids!"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice photos with your new lens. I love those little sweet faces of your dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The kids are adorable...it is so great for summer time to be here especially for our furry friends.As for any good books I have read, Oh my so many! Just finished "The Invention of Wings" so good! By Sue Monk Kidd. Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist. A love letter to life around the table.

    ReplyDelete
  17. speaking of summer - I am officially (other than summer school) on summer break!!! I sent you an email last night to try & hook up this year!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are going to love that lens! How fun! my kids go to the arboretum at least once a week...maybe someday we can meet there! How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.