Friday, June 13, 2014

Today Was The Day

Ugh....today was the day of my annual physical.  You know the one where you drop and spread your legs. At least I have a female doctor so there is no modesty issues, just the whole idea.  And now it is on to blood tests, mammogram & bone density, yurk.  I don't know about you, but I get myself all worked up about it. Yesterday that was all I thought about, silly me.  I have always been blessed with good health (knock on wood and say a little prayer) but as the age numbers climb I think I worry more about the what if's.  When I look at the obit's in the newspaper there are way too many that have passed on that are far younger than me and honestly I am not ready to leave yet.  Way too much left to do, places to see, people to meet.  You know.

Anyhoo, after leaving the Dr.'s office I treated myself to breakfast at Burger King, now wasn't that just the smartest thing to do after a physical to stop at a fast food joint???  But I did have orange juice along with a croissant with egg & sausage and their tasty little potato bites.  Hope that was so small you couldn't read it.  I decided to take my tasty breakfast down to the Riverwalk, enjoy my breakfast and stroll along the river, along with camera in hand (ofcourse).




The spirea bushes are in bloom....


Along with the brightly colored yarrow....


A dragonfly stayed still enough long enough for me to grab a shot....


And I spotted this tree that had the most beautiful red leaves, reminded me of Fall, oh no, not yet, we haven't even reached summer.  I think the young leaves were red and then changed to green as they matured, but they looked really beautiful against the bright blue sky.


And as I was walking back to the car I spotted a butterfly.  I was so excited you would have thought I found a wad of money.  I hardly saw any butterflies last summer so to see one this early in the year I almost peed in my pants, altho I didn't because I had left said pee in a cup at the Dr's office.  (too much information??)


Oh and if you have a chance, please hop over to my collaborative blog Focusing On Life where I teach you all about roses, what their color means and what the significance of the number given.

And fyi, these were all taken with my new lens, the Tamron 16-300mm.  It is very similiar to my Tamron 18-270mm but I have banged that one up so bad that I can't even get the polarizer off to give it a good cleaning.  And in my post yesterday I called a clematis a peony....age, I am blaming it all on age.

Until next time...



20 comments:

  1. ah! thanks for the clematis clarification. i don't know my garden flowers well, but that's what came to mind when i saw that bloom, but i believed you when you said peony. :)

    lovely photos for today, too! i don't care about the annual exam stuff - except for the having to drive over an hour to see my doc on an empty stomach and no coffee so they can draw my blood. then i hit mcdonald's as my greasy reward, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at least there is someone else, just like me. I get into a junk food reward each time I finish my doctor visit . . . sausage, egg, biscuit . . . no cheese though, does that help count toward my favor! Your new lens sure provides your audience with gorgeous images!

    You had me fooled on the clematis . . . looked peonyish to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that new lens looks happy in your hands! And what a focal range you have! Fantastic. I look forward to hearing more about it. And I cannot believe you've seen a Monarch this early! We haven't seen any and we're further south. Lucky you! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hate to break it Tonys DeAnna-but I could read the fine print!! But I got a good chuckle out of it. Gorgeous photos and that monarch!!!! Swoon!! Super fun post today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The perspective on the park bench is inviting and your post with the various roses was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are gorgeous, Deanna! Enjoy your new lens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, the shot of the bridge at Riverwalk brought back such great memories! Congrats on the new lens -- looks like you're enjoying it! And I guess I'm not getting that old -- I passed your vision test!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BK after the physical is less guilty then before!! Lovely pics from your walk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your sense of humour - and a walk was a beautiful reward after said check ups.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved taking this walk with you....hope all your tests show you will live to be 100 and still be just as creative as you are now! Love all your pictures, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. doctor visit aside (ugh! x100) love the rest of your outing - how cool to see both a dragonfly and butterfly on the same walk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The annual physical ... ick. Glad you needed a river walk after your appointment and hope all the test results are good. Beautiful shots. I love the macro and colors you captured, Deanna.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, hate those yearly visits, and have a problem once and you hate them even more from then on out. At least you were out walking after that hearty breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope all your tests only show how healthy you are! Such a delight to visit you and see all your glorious captures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep, we all have to have them, not the most dignified visit to the Dr's but worth it in the long run. You deserved your delicious breakfast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous photos, Deanna.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your honesty...glad that's over for you! Your lens seems very sharp...nice! I have a filter stuck on my telephoto lens too...I guess that's what happens when you enjoy and use your camera as much as we seem to do! I am as excited as you are by the butterflies, I have two chrysalis in my kitchen as I write!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well at least you manage to make and go to "those" kind of appointments. I hate going so much that it's generally 5 years or so between visits.
    I can feel your excitement about seeing the butterfly. I haven't seen many here this summer either and when I do I've never got a camera on hand so way to go on getting such a lovely shot of one and also the dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Snippets from Springdale" has been included in our Sites To See #379. Be assured that we hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/06/sites-to-see-379.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, how lovely!! Gorgeous blooms. You are truly blessed to have good health... Cherish it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.