Saturday, June 7, 2014

There I Go Again....

There I go again, MIA.  But I really have been busy, mostly working in the garden.  I am like a month behind, but I am hear to declare that summer is officially opened in this household....the porch is open.  My son-in-law, Sam (he is after all my favorite, eventho I only have one) came down on Thursday and helped.  I he took all the furniture off, along with all that crap that I have shoved there over the winter (and believe it or not my Christmas tree, all bundled in it's zip-up holder was laying smack in the middle of the porch) hosed the whole thing down along with all the furniture that is now out in the backyard and waited for it to dry. While waiting for said porch and furniture to dry Sam trimmed my bushes, adjusted my lawn mower, lugged out my heavy pots, cleaned out the dried clematis that grows over a trellis across the top of my garage and for all that he was rewarded with a bologna sandwich for lunch.  Normally I don't have bologna in the fridge, but every once in a  while I get this craving for bologna sandwich, good fresh bread, mayo and some crisp romaine lettuce.  Yum.  For the last two mornings I have had my coffee and read the newspaper (yes, after complaining about the cost of delivery, but I so missed that morning newspaper, I relented and coughed up the money, but only after whining to get the price down a bit) out on the porch.  Now, that says summer to me.  And naps are so much better on the porch.

My roses are in full bloom....


And look what else is in full bloom.....my granddaughter-in-law and my soon to be great grandchild.  Aren't they just the cutest!!


And it's dance recital time again.  Last Saturday I went to the Dress Rehearsal for my daughter's latest extravaganza....this time it is Toy Story.  What a riot.  Just a glimpse of some of the characters...
My granddaughter, Bailey as Mr. Potato Head....she is having so much fun with this character and when she discovered the eyes detached, it gave a whole new meaning to "I have my eyes on you....!!"


The main character, Woody


And Little Bo Peep....


Tonight is the performance so more to come.

Also last weekend I had a photo shoot with one of my favorite families....my good friend Marti's son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter.  Samantha is now three and with the age of three comes a few challenges...let's just say Samantha was more interested in the water feature than she was of the camera. But I did manage to grab a few goodies.


Well, it's time for me to go eat a bologna sandwich and then later off to the Dance Recital.  Tonight's the night.

I will try and be a little more regular now with my blog posting now that the garden is almost done.  This age thing really slows down a person, what's with that??!!  And PS I ordered the new Tamron 16-300, it was calling my name.  I'll give a review after I receive!!

Until next time.....





23 comments:

  1. Hi Deanna, Just dropped by to make sure your garden is blooming and you're having some fun. Looks like more than the garden is blooming! I've been off the computer about a month and still have so much to do, I don't see myself posting for awhile. Enjoy a bologna sandwich for me - I haven't had one in many years! My mom always made me white bread, butter, bologna and cheese sandwiches for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those Toy Story costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots Deanna, and glad you are catching up on your gardening! I just got the Tamron 150/ 600 and am dying to really have some chances to try it out too! hOpe you are enjoying that bologna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you rent Sam out? :) I could use him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been eating bologna sandwiches this week, too, which is rare. Your image are always remarkable and so is your son-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a job getting the porch clean and ready no matter who gets the job done . . . but oh my, isn't it a delight when it is "opened!"
    Love the picture if the rises . . . and the "budding couple . . . such a happy scene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo of the ROSES . . . does anyone else mess up their typing on the iPad?

    ReplyDelete
  8. For whatever reason, it seems Spring just wasn't long enough this year to get all the cleaning and clearing done inside and out. I've never been a bologna fan, but it used to be a favorite of my husband's before his heart-attack. Enjoy the porch - after the winter we had, you've earned it.

    Can't wait to see more recital pictures - how fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see you are still around and alive and well, the rose is a stunner. Have a fun summer with your new lens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I could go see Toy Story. It looks like it is going to be a grand performance. Don't work so hard, Deanna... we have missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you've been busy!! The dance pictures are AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So good to see you here again. I always love your posts. I know gardening does take up a lot of time and energy too. It's so worth it though when you see the results. Happy you got some help. Now to me a Bologna sandwich wouldn't be my thing, I ate they every day in the summer when I picked Strawberries and sort of lost the desire to ever eat them again. Loved your recital photos. They really go all out with their productions but it sure looks like fun. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm thinking it had something to do with our atrocious winter that is causing the lack of blogging, as I've been MIA about as much as you!
    With school almost done (we're not mentioning summer school), maybe I'll be able to get back into the swing of it.
    Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Deanna! I`ve been thinking about you and am happy to see that all is well! You have a lovely family - all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want that lens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Been wondering where you've been!
    I am glad that all is okay.
    Your photographs are wonderful, Deanna.
    LOVE Mr. Potato Head. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You and me both, Deanna! When the world comes back to life after a particularly harsh winter, blogging just has to go on the back burner. Glad your roses survived and you are enjoying summer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to hear you are in the swing of things. Looking forward to your lens review!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can I borrow your SIL? I sure hear you on the age thing. Just a little work goes a long way with me these days...talk about slow! How did this happen seemingly overnight? I think I'll go eat a bologna sandwich now (I love them, too) and worry about the work later! Love your photos, they are beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an extraordinary son-in-law you have! Glad to see all is well. Ooohhh, a new lens. Can't wait to hear (and see) all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Deana,
    Glad you are alive and well! Sounds like garden work and fun stuff are keeping you busy. Just make sure to take pictures to share with us. We love when you share your gorgeous garden and fun adventures with us. Sounds like you had some good help to get your porch and yard back in shape.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been MIA, too. Like you, just busy. Your porch sounds wonderful as does the bologna sandwich - it's been ages since I've had one! I love the costumes and your photos of the Toy Story. I hope you enjoyed the performance!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.