Friday, September 5, 2014

Still Waiting....


Some of you may be wondering about that expected great-granddaughter I have mentioned a couple three dozen times or more and how she could come just about any day (ahem, that was 3 weeks ago), but as to this minute, this hour, this day we are still waiting.  However, after a trip to the doctor's on Wednesday there won't be much more waiting be assured.  In fact the doctor was shocked she had not made her appearance yet, IF she doesn't make herself known to this wonderful world and welcoming love by next Wednesday, guess what, Labor will be induced.  Shall we take bets on if she will come prior to the inducement??

The Grandmothers....

Remembering my own two pregnancies, one came without any coaxing and right on time, however my son decided, like my great-granddaughter that he would take his sweet time in making his appearance.  After a trip to the doctor's on a Friday, and he could determine that "everything" was ready and in place the Doc sent me home and scheduled me to go to the hospital on Monday to be induced if nothing happened over the weekend.  Well, nothing happened at least in the "baby delivery" department, but I did clean the house from top to bottom (small apartment at the time), scrubbed the kitchen floors on my knees, cooked up a storm, but NOTHING....not a twitch.

So come Monday morning, hospital here we come.  After breaking my water (I don't know how they do it these days) and telling me to join my husband in the waiting area and walk, that is exactly what I did.  It wasn't too long after that the pains of childbirth began and my son was delivered shortly thereafter.
Grandparents, Awaiting New Mom and Dad....

So my hopes and prayers are that our long-awaited sweet girl will come into this world safely into the loving welcome arms of their parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and this great-grandmother. Stay tuned for the upcoming announcement!!

"If I am thinking correctly," said Pooh, "a new baby is probably, undoubtedly, the grandest gift of all."

PS  - Please hop on over to my collaborative blog FOL where I am musing on the "Distractions of Fall.

Until next time....

20 comments:

  1. i am hoping she'll make her entrance into the world just fine for all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shot and know that you are very excited about this great event! everyone looks as if they are having a great time waiting!!!! Will keep them in my prayers! Love that quote by pooh! Such wisdom. I have about 9 more weeks of waiting before I become a grandma again, so you and i can share stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your waiting is soon over and the little one is safely here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is indeed the grandest gift of all.
    Hope she arrives soon, Deanna.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting! Hope she arrive soon to much fanfare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those happy faces eagerly waiting to welcome the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The greatest gift of all- that sounds about right. Not long to wait now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exciting!!!! Can't wait for her arrival AND the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a happy time! Now those are some gorgeous Grandmothers! Love your memories - I remember those cleaning binges too! Must have the nest nice and tidy! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting! and lovely family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post and I hope you get to see your grandchild in no time! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So exciting to anticipate this little one's arrival!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Any day now! I scrubbed the apartment floor with my baby bump dragging (twins), but it only gave me a backache. Hope that great grand hustles herself into this world quickly and with very little commotion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an exciting time for them. They all look so happy but I bet they'll be even happier when she finally arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope that she will arrive safely! I'm pretty sure she will be more than welcome and showered with love.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everyone looks happy in "wait mode" . . . hope she arrives soon!
    And then some real joy, love and fun will be happening I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sometimes, I think they are just too comfortable to make an appearance. My first was like that and my second couldn't wait to greet the world. My best wished to your family for a happy and safe arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They all look so excited for the little one's arrival. A baby is indeed the grandest gift of all. :)
    I'm just back from Paris where I had a blast celebrating my nephew first birthday. Such a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope that by the time I have finally made my rounds to blogs that you are blissfully a great-grandmother to a healthy baby girl. Best wishes to all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.