Friday, September 19, 2014

The Waiting Is Over



Whew....the waiting is finally over.  Matilda Mae, decided to enter this world on Wednesday, Sept 17th at 1:56 PM.  She wasn't very willing, she was just too snug and content in her Mother's womb to make her appearance.  After breaking Hilary's water (see I told you Matilda wasn't ready) and a long labor, all 8.86 lbs, 21" long our little miracle arrived.  And no, this great-grandmother has yet to see her, other than all the photos posted on facebook and you know how much anticipation I have to hold her, squeeze her, love her (and take her picture).  I am patiently (and that is really difficult for me) waiting until the new parents and child have some time to settle in.  With clothing, toys, books, hats & various other gifts for Matilda Mae I hope my wait isn't too long.

While waiting for her to arrive I took a quick trip to Ohio to visit my 2 sister-in-laws and their family driving 5 hours with both "kids".  I was so proud of them, Toby was buckled in with a harness in the front seat, and Cinder sat on her blanket in the back seat never hearing a peep from either one.  Both were better behaved than either one of my children when traveling.  No arguments, no fights, no "when are we going to be there?"

There I was blessed with new sights to see and capture thru my lens.   The first day I was there we wandered thru the old "Oregon" district where they are renovating the beautiful old homes that have fallen in disrepair.  Some were filled with charm and beauty, others still needed a little more tender loving care but every where you looked my eyes were filled with the architecture of a by-gone era.





And then we found the field of sunflowers and I was struck by the awe and beauty of this field filled with golden flowers with their heads leaning towards the sunlight.  Now I have seen sunflowers growing many, many times and have loved them from the start, but to see a whole field of them absolutely took my breath away.



Many more pictures to come from this short but sweet trip and ofcourse Matilda Mae will soon make her appearance on these pages in the near future.  I am blessed.

PS  I would love it if you would hop on over to my collaborative blog "Focusing On Life" where I have shared more pics with word art of my trip.

And I am linking to Kim's Friday Finds to share my lovely and joy-filled week.....

Kim Klassen {dot com}

Until then......

26 comments:

  1. Many congratulations to all! What a sweet name - love it! Mae was my mothers middle name, and that's my oldest daughters middle name! I adore that blue door and cat ... eye candy as usual! Have a wonderful weekend great-grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely area you went to. love the first shot of the cat. congrats on the new great-gdaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very big congratulations to everyone, and welcome to the world, Matilda Mae!!!

    It looks like your trip was a wonderful one, Deanna, and these photographs are so lovely. I especially love the one of the kitty.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, happy day! Glad Matilda Mae has made her grand entrance. Those old house shots are really charming - love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you have a special name ... are you called Grandma? my grandparents had different names from some of the grand-kids. it was fun to see how different family do too. ( :
    CONGRATS!! love the sunflowers. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats again Deanna, and wow, these photos remind me of Galveston! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the new great-granddaughter, Deanna!
    Beautiful photos of the historic area - not too far from me in Cincinnati. I really love the cat in the doorway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my . . . look at that house charm! Love it . . .
    And Matilda Mae . . . how very wonderful . . . I look forward to hearing and seeing more in the future!
    Have fun enjoying her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! What wonderful news.
    I love your selection of home photos . . . I love me a good tour of pretty homes and great curb appear:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear Baby Matilda is here and healthy. Also that Mom is doing good too.

    My little dog is a good traveler too. She likes to go for a ride and seems to know when we are going on a trip. I'm sure your two "kids" made for good company.

    There is something fun about a field of bright yellow big headed sunflowers that makes me smile too. I love the bright blue sky to make a beautiful color contrast.

    Have a fabulous weekend, my Blog Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, Matilda (love the name) - so glad she is here and all is well. That sunflower shot in the field is surreal - wow! (man, I would love to come across a field of sunflowers)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations that is so exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations...so glad she arrived safely! and what a wonderful side trip...would love to see sunflowers like that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to you all and what a lovely name so sweet. As always your photos delight what a charming place to visit..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats again Great Grandma, so cool, and so glad to see you on Friday Finds. I missed this week as I was in VA visiting all of my family, it was a long trip and the long flight takes it toll on me as when I got back yesterday I fell on the sofa and just went to sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Big hugs all around Deanna!! New babies are just so scrumptious!! Beautiful photos. I'm ready for a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How exciting for Matilda Mae to have finally arrived. I can't wait to see her pictures. I know you will just love her to pieces. I enjoyed those various houses, so colorful. The Sunflowers are divine. I've never seen an entire field of them but I bet it would be amazing. Also loving that Cat shot.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, Deanna, to you and the whole family! A sweet blessing.... I do adore the new baby's name! Love the cottage photos today, too - lovely and colorful homes and who doesn't love sunflowers? I can't imagine seeing a whole field of them. I am officially on a blog break, but wanted to stop by and wish you happy congratulations on your new family member. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. First of all congrats to you, Great Grandmother! This little girl made a grand entrance into this world, where she will be welcomed by so many people she can call her family. I missed seeing your beautiful photos and reading your delightful posts and this one is just perfect... filled with love, joy, sun(flowers) and cheerful colors.

    Hugs,
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations, Deanna! I love her name! Blessings to you all. xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I got so caught up in checking out your other link that I forgot to come back and congratulate you on your new little great granddaughter. Your pictures are terrific as always.

    ReplyDelete
  22. love this great architecture you have captured and glad you had a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations to all! What a cute name! And you photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations! And my oh my, that kitty looks quite content perched in that doorway. Gorgeous shot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.