Thursday, March 26, 2020

And Get Dressed Too....


Longwood Gardens 2019

In the forced solitude of waiting, lean into silence.
In the mindfulness of inhaling, exhale grace.
In the intentionality of washing your hands, feel God’s presence with you.
In the darkest valley, remember that Christ is the light of the world.

This passage was the intro to one of daily Bible studies and it is so appropriate for today and every day for that matter.  I am currently on day 14 of my self quarantined status. I have only gone out of the house to take Lily for walks, I haven't driven my car in 2 weeks, probably will have to take driving lessons when this is all over. Saving money on gas. saving money on restaurants, saving money on movies.  But believe me I would rather be spending money on eating out, going to the movies and concerts. I am blessed that I can stay home and not worry that a paycheck is not coming at the end of the week. 

Paris - April 2019

Currently my family is all OK and still have jobs, however my daughter did close her dance studio and is ofcourse unsure when it will re-open. My son-in-law, grandson and his wife, and my granddaughter are all working from home. My granddaughter in Denver is still working at an emergency vet, they are considered necessary. My son is going to work, but he and his production manager are the only ones working, his 2 stores are currently closed.  His wife is able to work from home. I just shake my head that never did I ever think that I would be writing these words. Ofcourse none of us considered anything like this would happen in our lifetime. 

Our 24 hour snow last week...

I just watched a book talk webinar and the author being interviewed stated that we are actually overdue for a world pandemic. I guess I haven't studied the history of pandemics enough to realize that this comes along in every so many years. Sure wish it could have waited longer to repeat history in 2020. If you search for Pandemic on the Wikipedia page you can get more information than you probably want. It even lists the books, movies and TV shows about a Pandemic. No thanks. We hear enough about it via emails, TV and social media. 

Lily and the ball...

So, how are you doing? I'm still fine, but growing somewhat weary of all this and what is so exhausting is the fact that this is going to be our lifestyle for the foreseeable future.  I love my pets but being with them 24/7 is draining, not Gracie, but Lily. Since she is still a puppy she stretches my patience to the utmost.  I don't have children that have to be corralled into staying home, I don't have a husband that could be out of work, I don't have any financial worries at the moment so I am truly blessed to be in the condition that I'm in. I need to remain positive and know that we will survive this. I don't usually watch much TV except streaming services ie: Netflix, Hulu, Prime, & Acorn thus keeping me from hearing the bad news all day long, but I did read an article about Governor Cuomo from NY that is worth a watch. Apparently he gives daily TV interviews,  is a straight shooter and a caring individual.  Not too big on watching President Trump, he wants everyone back in church on Easter Sunday. I want that too, but we need to be rational, that ain't going to happen. 


Tomorrow my buddies from our defunct blog "Focusing on Life" are having a wine gathering via ZOOM. We try and get together once a year but it has been awhile since we've all been together. Illinois, Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, New Jersey and Arizona all represented, hopefully all will join the party.  I guess I'll have to put on make-up and fix my hair, oh and get dressed too. 

Til next time....

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited about our virtual wine party! I’m debating the makeup thing, too. On the other hand, it might be nice to have an excuse to spiff up a bit. See you tomorrow!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜ƒcan’t wait

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virtual wine party sounds fun!
    Anything to lighten the gloom . . . ENJOY!

    Everything seems tipsy turvy . . .
    I search out something calming each morning
    I can’t imagine how some must be feeling without
    work, income and even the children, how their lives have changed.
    I have been outdoors in our yard and have noticed groups, (families I think)
    walking together I find that a “good happening” in the midst of this virus and concern.
    I found a huge ZAP in my motivation, staying in my pj’s, tv and iPad 24/7,
    not eating right, craving sugar! Until a few days ago when I said,
    “self” . . . pull up your “boot straps” and get on with living, being, doing!
    So onward I go . . .

    Bet Lily keeps you moving whether you want to or not!

    Keep your photographs flowing for us to see!
    They cheer me up . . . and I am sure others too!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I scroll back through posts, you pop up again and I am reminded
      that the card at the top is one I just sent off to a friend
      whose mother passed away in Hospice this morning.
      Beautiful card to write a note of sympathy.
      Thank you for your gift of artistry in photo.

      Delete
  4. Deanna – Love seeing you online in word form. Enjoy your photography SO much.
    Thanks for sharing with the universe.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.