Sunday, October 7, 2012

Just Do It

I love Fall, I love Fall because of it's colors, glorious oranges, reds & golds, the cooler temps, the foods that we haven't eaten  all summer, jeans & sweaters, the smell of burning leaves...I could go on and on for all the reasons I love Fall.  I also love the month of October, 1) because of everything I just stated above and 2) because it is Breast Cancer Month. A month that is dedicated to the awareness that breast cancer is still a threat to us women, eventho there has been huge advances in it's treatment.  I am sure that every single one of us knows a friend, a family member, or even ourselves who have been affected by this disease.  So not only do I love the colors of fall, the oranges, reds & golds, but I also love the color pink to remind us to keep fighting against Breast Cancer.

Yesterday I decided to gather the remains of the pink roses that were still blooming, along with a few pink ivy geraniums to enjoy the last of these lovelies inside before the heavy frost eliminates their beauty until Spring.


In gathering these pinks, it did bring to mind that pink is definitely a reminder of Breast Cancer Awareness....


And how, we as women, need to keep up that fight against breast cancer.  Something as simple as a mammogram will help in your fight.


As my blogging friend, Kelly, says "do it for the girls."


Do it for yourself...


After having two scares myself, I never fail to schedule and get my mammogram each year. What used to be so painful, is now only a little squeeze due to the improvements and advancements that the medical industry has made.


So, get that mammogram, because of yourself and because of those that love you, just do it.

Linking to Madge's Weekly Top Shot.
And Rebecca's The Simple Things....



"You are the one and only you that ever was, or ever will be.  What you are going to do with this miracle is a question only you can answer."  ~  Dan Zadra

Until next time....

19 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous color of pink. so true. i've heard those stories... (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great post, Deanna!! My mother is a two time survivor of breast cancer & I am considered extremely high risk. I have also had a couple of scares.
    I support Breast Cancer Awareness every year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photos. i, too, don't mess around and get my mammograms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pink with lovely post! Important message from a very wise woman ♥ you really are. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely photo of your pink roses in the white pitcher! I too had a scare once and have my mammies grammed (my daughter's saying) every year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures and excellent message.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Autumn is my favorite season but these pinks you show here are wonderful. Great cause too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice message, and the shots of the pink flowers are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pink flowers and a very fine reminder for us girls. I actually have an appointment this week for my mammogram. Hate getting them done but would never miss them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos give me a very light and delightful feeling - a perspective of hope and strength to your important focus on breast cancer. It is so important to arise awareness on breast cancer - keeping up the screening appointments & monthly examinations at home. In my family we've got Brest cancer survivals, we're thankful for the effective treatments of today & prayers that carried everyone through the difficult time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pink roses as well as your message. I had my first ever mammogram this year, and it really wasn't that bad. My doctor recommended I get one even though I am not 40. Luckily the results came back normal, and it is good to have peace of mind!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep. Just got mine last week. I also remember when they hurt like heck...now...hardly even a pinch. Love the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the pink and your artful way of shooting and editing. Your business card inspired me to pick hydrangeas from my daughter's yard; if only there was light! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely pinks! Just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful reminder! The pink flowers are sensational. You really have a special way of photographing and editing flowers. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful flowers! It makes me think of Spring, despite it being Fall where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you SO much for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #51… I’m sorry that I am very late coming by to visit your entry. But I have been fighting being sick all week, trying to fend off a virus and haven’t been doing much besides working and sleeping.. I do hope you’ll forgive me and come by tomorrow to share on Weekly Top Shot’s 1st Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.