Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Sunday/Weekly/Maybe Monthly Best

Today is the annual St. Elizabeth Seton Advent Tea that we have celebrated for several years that kicks off the Advent Season of Christmas .  It is always a delightful affair, the setting is lovely (at a local Country Club), the tables are set beautifully by each individual hostess, and the food is delicious.  What a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Each year I have helped out in some way, usually by making something.  Last year I decorated a small Christmas Tree and an Advent Wreath to be raffled off to raise money for a local charity.  This year I was asked to donate a framed photograph of mine.  I think I would have rather decorated 3 trees rather than decide which print, how to frame it, moan, moan....  I should be honored that they feel like my photographs are print worthy, but somehow this seems more personal than decorating a Christmas tree. Am I nuts...??

Anyhoo, after deliberating hours and hours, looking at my gazillion photographs on the computer, printing out several, only to be nixed, I finally decided on two, not one, but two prints.  My original idea was to buy a blank canvas and paint it to resemble crackle paint and then place the print in the middle.  I experimented, but again, didn't like the results.  Still working on it this morning, your know my middle name is Procrastinate, I finally came upon an idea that I think worked.  What I was bemoaning was the plainness of the matting, and I don't like the purchased mattings because a 5x7 mat ends up being about 4x6 cutting off a great deal of the photograph.  So, ta da, I decided to use my never ending supply of scrap book paper.  And this is the result....




The polka dots are me...love dots and checks, kinda my trademark.  So that's it...no more fussing, not to mention I have completely run out of time.  Just hoping these go to someone who really enjoys them and has a special place to hang them.  Gotta go, time to shower and get dressed.

Sharing with Nancy's Sunday Best and Madge's Weekly Top Shot

Until next time.....

33 comments:

  1. very, very nice job! just looking at it, it looks like a 3-d mat! nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Deanna!! Gorgeous images and nicely framed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work - just simply beautiful.
    Hope you had fun at your tea.......sounds like a lovely way to spend your afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! They look like matted watercolor paintings. Have fun at the tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deanna, these are absolutely beautiful! No matter how long it took you to reach a decision...you reached a great one :). And I agree with you, I think my photography is waaaaaay personal. I feel uncomfortable selling it OR even giving it as gifts many times. I would much rather decorate a tree. But I'd take your photos in a heartbeat! Have fun at the luncheon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely, all! And what pretty polka-dotted mat. Your precision cuts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Despite your procrastinating, these turned out amazingly beautiful. Love the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now if I was attending that tea I'd be tickled pink if I received your print. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love how they are so GIRLIE looking. so cool! great shots or should i call them prints?!! ha. ha!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're beautiful.
    I love that texture you used on these. And, the mats are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful pair of prints! The matting job is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely lovely, I'll be the gal who received this was delighted, I know I would be! Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #57!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think these turned out wonderful. I love the polka dots too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are simply beautiful and I'm sure made someone very, very happy. You are far more talented than you give yourself credit for.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful work Deanna! Love polka dots myself! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are absolutely beautiful...so are so very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look wonderful Deanna, using the scrapbook paper worked perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They turned out beautifully! Someone is going to love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. They really turned out so nice, brilliant idea with the paper. Someone will so love these.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea!!! I love the idea of using the scrap booking paper as mats. The possibilities are endless.

    @ 3Beeze Homestead

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how you framed your prints! They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are gorgeous! I'm just like you, I can't imagine where to begin to choose print worthy photos. I need to work on it though. Good for you. Now you need to do another set for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gosh, I bet that was a difficult decision to make considering the number of frame-worthy photos you've taken. I love the ones you chose and your special matting. They both look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  24. absolutely wonderful they are!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The print of your photograph is divinely gorgeous (I love me some hydrangeas anyway) and the polka dots are perfect!

    PS Miss your beautiful smile

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those are gorgeous!! Love the matte around the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would buy these in a heartbeat!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. So beautiful Deanna somebody will be very lucky having such gorgeousness in their home....

    ReplyDelete
  29. How perfect and yes the polka dots are so very you! :) What a great idea Deanna....xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. congratulations, it turned out gorgeous. I love the dots and the soft pink and the photos are great but I agree with you between choosing something ours and decorating trees, the trees are easier. anyway I'm glad they asked for your prints, I would love to have one of these! xxo

    ReplyDelete
  31. Deanna! hi! nice details and so nice to see your photos in frames. thanks for stopping by. i always enjoy your visits.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The pictures you've chosen are very beautiful! the polka dots in the frames makes them even more special - a lovely donation that surely makes the winner happy!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the way that you finished these with the great scrapbook paper! Great Idea! hope your Thanksgiving is blessed

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.