1) First and foremost and the MOST significant event in my life this week is ....drum roll please, I am going to be a great-grandmother. My grandson, Brandon and his lovely wife Hilary are having a baby....whoop whoop. It has been far too many years since we have had babies in our family, so with this news I was beyond overjoyed. Actually I have known this for almost 2 weeks, but they wanted to keep it under wraps until all was well. Can you imagine how difficult this has been for me? Me who likes to share just about everything about my life.
2) And another family event, today is my daughter-in-law, Nelly's birthday. She and my son Lane have been married for 2 years and I can honestly say that she has made my son the happiest I have ever seen him. He was 43 years old when he finally met and married Nelly, this Mom had pretty much given up on ever having a daughter-in-law, but fate moved in and the rest is blissful history.
3) I am not sure which I enjoy more during these last days of winter....the bouquets of flowers from TJ's that bring so much color into the house, or the bright colors of the beautiful cardinals that brighten the world outside.
4) Read in the newspaper this morning that there are 24 days until baseball season begins...there is going to have to be a whopping amount of melting going on in these next 24 days for this summertime sport to make its debut in Chicago. According to the forecast it could reach 50 by Monday....oh that makes my heart happy.
5) And, a hop over to my collaborative blog "Focusing On Life" would be much appreciated where I am musing on "Lasting Impressions" today.
So that's it...life is pretty calm right now, will see my friends from Arizona this evening for dinner after 3 days of them being with the family of his good friend who passed away. I was hoping to spend more time with them, but they were where they needed to be.
"There's nothing like having grandchildren to restore your faith in heredity. " ~ Doug Larson
Until next time.....