Joining in with Nancy for her weekly meme....Random Five on Friday...hop on over and enjoy.
1) Happy Spring everyone. Now admittedly it is definitely not Spring weather here in Chicagoland since I woke up to this yesterday morn......
The only one in my household that doesn't seem to mind the snow is Toby...
It didn't last long, the sun began shining and the temps warmed up into the 40's to welcome in our new season.
But we are supposed to soar into the 60's today which will be a literal heat wave. Shorts and sandals will be the attire among the younger set today for sure, but this chick will keep with her less layered attire, probably stripping off one or possibly two layers as the temps rise. But it's only a tease since the cold is AGAIN returning for the weekend and into next week.
2) I am headed to Charleston, SC on Tuesday for a week's stay which includes a photography workshop, "Charleston in Bloom" but now I am wondering just how much is going to be in bloom. Hopefully some spring flowers will be popping their heads and a wildflower or two will be emerging, but let's just say the suitcase will be filled with warmer clothing in anticipation of cooler than expected temps. I made that mistake when I went to Phoenix in January. I fully expected capri weather, but was greeted by much cooler temps which resulted in a shopping trip to add longer legged attire.
3) Yesterday, my oldest grand girl, Bailey took off work for the day and we went shopping at the outlet mall, dinner at the Corner Bakery, and bookclub together. It is been far too long since I have been with either of my grand girls, with Bailey's job moving her to Rockford instead of convenient Naperville, and Brie is far away at school. Brie is on spring-break so I am meeting her for some girl time today. My week is always brighter with my grands in view.
4) I love that app Waterlogue, Even with my old phone it takes decent enough pictures that turn out to be little works of art. I think it must have gone viral by now because I am seeing it everywhere. Everyone I show it too downloads it immediately and then they show their friends and family and it goes on and on.
5) Whee, my son gave me a Kindle Fire for my birthday. I love it...now I see my book titles in color, can enjoy magazines, newspapers, my e-mail...I never purchased any books for my old Kindle that contained pictures (ie: Cookbooks or even Photography Books) because of the lack of color. But now that has been eliminated with this new gift. Thank you, Lane. And btw, on my shopping trip yesterday I had to buy a pretty new Vera Bradley sleeve to wrap around my new gift....after all I did have my birthday coupon that made it's cost easier on the wallet.
And if you could, please hop over to my collaborative blog, Focusing On Life where I am sharing one of my writing assignments from the recent Writing class I just completed.
"Be willing to take the first step, no matter how small it is. Concentrate on the fact that you are willing to learn. Absolute miracles will happen." ~ Louise Hay
Until the next time....