Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Happy Birthday!!

Happy Birthday to me
Happy Birthday to me
Happy Birthday to Deanna
Happy Birthday to me
(and many more!!!)

That last line is really important at my age....72.  Holy moly, in my younger years I would definitely say that's old, but now that I am that age, well, it's still old.  But....I don't feel 72, thank God, and I don't think I look 72, so I'm good with it.  My Mom lived to almost 92 and for most of those years she was in really good health and very active and mobile, so I only pray for the same. 

Since there is absolutely nothing to photograph outside my windows, no signs of Spring (no robins spotted yet) and the mud level is getting higher with the warming temps and melting snow, I will continue sharing Arizona images.  Much more appealing than what's going on in my part of the world. I could share a pic of Toby's mud-caked legs and paws, but definitely not a pretty site.

I searched the whole time I was in Arizona for a Desert Wren, the state bird, but darn I never spotted one.  But I did spot these beauties....

A Black Crowned Night Heron, eventho it's more blue than black, he's a beauty.


A male Quail...notice the dark on the neck area.  That is what distinguishes them from the females.


This is the female Quail, light on the neck area....and so sweet!!


A Texas Mountain Laurel bush in Arizona.  I saw both bushes and trees with these dazzling lavender flowers.  The flowers are about the size of a fist, well my fist, so they show off quite well. 


Tiny cactus with red flowers rimming around its tips.  Almost reminds me of the laurels of flowers for May Day, except there are no prickly thorns on May Day.


I love this one because of it's bend...most of the time they are tall and very straight. Must be a female showing off her curves



This is a Jacaranda tree.  Isn't it stunning!!?  It was in full bloom while I was there, lucky me.  These beauties can grow up to 50 feet tall.
  

So now you see why I would much rather share these images than anything from my parts right now. I need to go to Trader Joe's to add color to my world.  Hint, for those of you who have purchased cut Hydrangea flowers and they have wilted almost immediately, (which happened to me) I saw where if you mist them with water daily they can last up to 2 weeks.  Gonna try that for sure.  

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. ~  Oprah Winfrey
Until next time.....


19 comments:

  1. a very happy birthday to you! and many more, indeed! :) love these shots! gorgeous birds and blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Deanna. Hope this year is full of fun. Stunning photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you!!! Hope you've had a great day celebrating. And to many, MANY, more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to my very dear, very fun, very creative friend. Arizona sure kept your Nikon happy. And thanks for the tip about the hydrangeas. I stopped buying them for that very reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a wonderful birthday. I just celebrated my 70th on Saturday. Will follow your lead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Heron has the best expression! I'm going to miss the desert this year - I think we're going to CA instead. I really love the Quails - especially if they have little babies the size of walnuts running behind them. You are amazing at any age, but I can hardly believe you're 72. Happy, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous images of your stay in Arizona. I'd like to add my "Happy Birthday" and "many more" wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy happy birthday! I would have never guessed your age....and you will have many many more! These pictures are beautiful! We have very little to photograph here too, except melting...the sound is the best part! Yippee! I'm enjoying these beautiful photos while we wait for spring to appear! God bless you in the year to come!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Deanna! I love your beautiful photos, you take some of the best in all of blogdom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well now Deanna, I may be a day late for your birthday but I will wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyway, in fact, consider my post today especially for you.I was looking for an email address on your blog but did not find one so could not send you an ECard but the thought was there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH, SAY IT ISN'T SO....ANOTHER YEAR HAS PASSED SO BY QUICKLY. THE LORD IS SO GOOD, GRACING YOU WITH ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL YEAR! BLESSINGS, LAURIE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Deanna, and I wish you many more
    active and healthy years to come!
    Your pictures are all so beautiful! Yes, I prefer those
    from muddy grey ones :))
    Have a very beautiful and fun day celebrating!
    【ツ】Knipsa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday!! Have a glorious day (despite the dreariness outdoors - I can totally relate as I look out my window only to see gray skies). I'm sure you're holding some precious sunshine in your heart! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday. You are 72 years YOUNG! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday my friend.. I have to say you look fabulous. And so do these photos. I just love to watch the Quail. My mom would have them in her back yard and it was so fun to watch the babies running in a line right behind the mom. I never could catch them to get a photo. It was crazy the minute I opened the door they were gone.. Oh well.. I hope your day was fabulous..

    Hugs~
    My Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haven't been here in a while Deanna, Happy Belated Birthday or maybe it is today either way I hope it is the best year. Beautiful edits on all of these, have to correct you on the last image. That isn't a Jacaranda Tree it is a Purple Orchid Tree. Both trees are here in AZ but the Jacaranda has tiny blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy (but belated of course) Birthday! I've got one coming up next week. So loved all your photos here today. Especially enjoyed that first bird shot, it almost doesn't look real. Also that curvy flower shot.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love, love. And I meant to comment on your most recent post that you share your birth date with my son! March is a good month, huh. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.