It's been a long time since joining Nancy for her Random 5 on Friday. Nancy took a break from blogging, which happens to most of us now and again, but we in the blogging world are happy to have her back.
1. This week I was still riding high from my trip to Arizona....culling thru the gazillion or so images that I took while there. In my post on what I did while there, I forgot to mention that we went to a Dog Show. Well, what fun that was. As a dog lover, it was a delight to walk around watching the dogs being groomed and I mean groomed to the max. All of the owners were generous in letting me gawk and take tons of pictures. Let me share just a couple......or more.
Sweet, sweet face
Suppose he is imitating David Bowie??
This one looks ready for a little mischief...
She looks so dreamy but then I stop and think about the mud in my front yard and that stops me dead in my tracks for even thinking about a white dog...!!
2. And speaking of mud, the sun is shining, the temps are moderate so I grabbed my camera hoping to find some semblance of Spring. I did see a couple of shoots of green and a teeny tiny bud on my quince bush, but for the most part it looks pretty much like winter around here. There are still piles of dirty, ugly snow especially in parking lots, and with each melting layer I find old newspapers that were buried along with piles of ya know, piles.
So instead of bits of Spring I took pictures of the survivors of our (once again) bad winter. It's hard to believe that there are still remnants of hydrangea petals and the sedum is still standing tall. Amazing, but a few of the bushes aren't looking too perky and an evergreen right by the front door has a lot of dead pine needles. Spring has sprung in many places but I have lived here long enough to know that Spring is a fickle season around here. One day we can experience 70 degrees (like the weatherman is predicting for next week), and the next day a freeze. But I do know that it's on its way, and that's good enough for me.
3. I started reading Kristen Hannah's book "The Nightingale" which is on the bestseller list and she apparently is a very popular writer, but....after reading almost 1/2 of it's 400 + pages I put it down. Sorry, just didn't like her writing style. And didn't I tell you that "The Girl On the Train" was a real page turner??...it's been Number 1 on the best-seller list for about 3 weeks in a row.
4. My birthday was Tuesday, no big celebration, just a quiet day at home.
5. So many of the shows that I regularly watch on TV have already had their season finales, so early, but now we have new shows joining the foray. I have always enjoyed a good mystery so I am liking "Secrets and Lies". Good cast and a who-dun-it. It is a "limited run" which means it has a beginning and an end and doesn't drag on from one season to the next.
Until next time.....