Happy Saturday. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, it really appears that Spring is right around the corner. My bushes that were snow laden and frozen to the ground have regained their shape. Hooray.
I have had a shower, washed my hair, dried and styled, put on my make-up, got dressed and am ready to enjoy an afternoon at the movies seeing the 2nd "Marigold Hotel" and eating a delicious Mexican dinner at a local spot with friends. Great way to spend a Saturday. Now that I have given you an expose (whether you wanted it or not) on my morning.....I want to ask you a probing question. When you shower or bathe in the tub, do you want your results to be squeaky clean or luxuriously soft? I am talking about your skin ofcourse. Personally, I want my skin and hair to be squeaky clean, if I want luxuriously soft I add lotion to my skin. But stepping right out of the shower, definitely squeaky.
Today is Butterfly Appreciation Day so thought I would slip in another butterfly shot taken in Arizona.
Oops, well it's now Sunday, never got this posted. I was in the middle of writing this when I heard the honk of my friend's car beckoning me to head off to the movies. And yes, I did so enjoy the Marigold Hotel and the dinner was delicious, along with the frozen peach margarita. Have I mentioned how much I like fruity frozen margaritas? I am a sweet drink lover.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I am now on Day 4 of this post and I still haven't finished it. But I will be brief....
1) Downloaded samples of two books recommended in People Magazine this past week. "The Fifth Gospel" by Ian Caldwell and "Bettyville" by George Hodgman. I may continue on with The Fifth Gospel, I am drawn to this kind of genre occassionally, I was a huge Da Vinci Code fan when it first arrived on the scene and I enjoy a thriller and a good page turner and this appears to be just that. "Bettyville" probably not, story of a gay man returning home to care for his aged mother (Betty) who is developing dementia. Sometimes I just can't go down that road. I haven't even seen the academy award winning "Still Alice" just because it is such a harsh reminder.
2) I re-joined the Presbyterian church on Sunday. Felt good, felt right.
3) Went to see Cinderella with friends on Monday. Go see it, it is spellbinding in it's beauty.
4) Spring came and now it's gone. It was in the 70's yesterday, but today 30's. Spring is fickle, there's no denying it. We are still in the midst of brown.
5) Waffling back and forth about upgrading to a Nikon D810 which is a full frame camera. A couple of my favorite lenses will not fit on the full frame and it's darn near close to $3,000, but the reviews have been outstanding. And then I talked to Barbara Hurst about a mirrorless camera, she has a Fuji X T1. She loves it, but that not only means a new camera but new lenses as well. YIKES! Also read a review on the Nikon D7200, but I don't think the differences between the 7100 (which I have) and 7200 are substantial enough to spend over $1,000 on it. I purchased my very first DSLR for my birthday 5 or is it 6 years ago? and every year about this time I get an itch for a new lens or a new camera. So far I've done nothing.
It is now the following Saturday from when I began this post. So Happy Saturday, once again.
This time I am done. Have a good week all.
Until next time....