Thursday, February 22, 2018

I Wrestled With A Sump Pump....

On tap for last night was another wonderful evening out with the girls for our dinner and trip to the Paramount theater where we have season tickets to see 4 musicals each year. "Cabaret" shined bright . And yes, it was raunchy and bawdy, but oh so fun. Terrific cast which always amazes me the extensive amount of talent that we have in the Chicago area and that we don't have to go into the city, pay over the top prices for a ticket and exorbitant parking fees to see a terrific Broadway show. And a definite #33 on my happy list. And #34 is having left overs from dinner to enjoy a second time around.

#35 Field Daffodils from Trader Joe's 

I had an arm wrestling match with my sump pump hose yesterday. I'll back up....first came the snow almost 10 inches, then the warmth which thus began to melt the snow, ground is now saturated from the melted snow and then the rains came and came and came. Last Fall I threw my sump pump hose in the garbage because Toby (sob) loved to chew holes in the plastic hose, thus making it rather useless for hauling water away from the house. OK, now the rains have come (as stated) and the sump pump is running constantly, literally every 5-10 second intervals. Water is pooling around the house because of da dah NO hose.

Definitely Duck Weather....

I'll shorten this long story, bought the hose, wrestled with getting it on the pipe because ofcourse it didn't fit, resorted to duck tapping the damn thing onto the pipe between gushing water but first had to slowly cut the old duck tape away from the rim of the pipe,  This whole event became so much longer than anticipated (isn't that the way everything goes as you age)...and to end this event I couldn't get my rubber boots off of my feet. Well, I finally did, but I pulled every muscle in my arms and back and legs struggling to release my feet from the death grip of those damn rubber boots. I know I have used the word damn twice in this paragraph and while I was in the midst of this event I probably uttered the word "shit" dozens of times. It's difficult to be pure of mouth when you arm wrestle with a sump pump hose. OK, happy #36 it's done.

Monday I played bridge with a group of ladies that gather ever once in awhile for a few rounds. Mostly dealt very low point hands, but at least once I bid 5 hearts and made 5, which makes for a happy morning, not to mention the absolutely best home-made sticky buns I've ever tasted bar none. So good bridge hands and Flour's Famous Sticky Buns #37 and #38.  Here is the link to the recipe....
It's long and tedious and I would never attempt to make these, but I so appreciate that my dear foody friend Ruth treated us to these little pieces of heavenly baked buns.

Oh my gosh, I almost forgot about my outing with a photography friend last Friday. Jeanne and I love to photograph barns, and the older the better. If you ask Jeanne what she enjoys shooting she will reply....old, crumbling, rust, gritty. So last Friday off we went to see if we could find some old barns. So #39 is definitely finding old barns to photograph.''



And #40, my Orchid from a previous post (see here) is still alive and blooming...


Off to Bunco this evening, which means good food, fun and friends...has to be #41.

Enjoy your weekend and do something that makes you happy!

Until next time...



8 comments:

  1. Enjoyed this so much - your pictures are almost like a "vacation".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've so enjoyed having you back posting on your blog.... seriously, you are a "witty writer" and who cares if you utter a cuss word or two. Gosh, for all the trouble you've had dealing with a sump hose, I think I would have turned into a real potty mouth. Just an FYI, I love reading blogs now, but for the past 22 months, I haven't posted a picture or a word. But, you can still find me on Instagram.... I can post photos and short writings. Take care my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Cabaret in Boston last winter! Such a good show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn . . . you bring me smiles Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a way of turning the bad into funny with your words. As usual, your photographs are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you won with the sump pump hose and the boots in the end. Loving your list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohmygosh, Deanna, you made me laugh so hard with your description of wrestling with the sump pump and the rubber boots that I had to read that paragraph out loud to my daughter. She had come from another room to see what was so funny! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.... Such beautiful photos in this post from the daffodils to the duck to the old barns to the orchid. I LOVE the list of happy things you're creating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really a beautiful blog.It is very astonishing and marvelous design.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.