This is already the 4th day into the New Year and I am still sitting here with my old habits. I always think that with the new year I will suddenly change into an up early & dressed, exercise, lose those lbs, get organized, stop procrastinating kinda gal....but sadly, it seems to be the same ole same ole for me. I have good intentions, I really do. Found this quote...."I think I'll be going to Heaven, because I had good intentions. But my actions are another thing." By Curtis James Jackson that I think pretty well sums me up.
I would much rather spend my time photographing, blogging, editing than exercising any day of the week. And speaking of photography....Toby does love the snow.
Unlike my little Cinder, who says, "no thank you....I will just sit here on this nice warm couch catching any sun rays that I can while snuggled in one of my Mom's blankets."
Over at Kim Klassen's blog she challenged us to do a "fourteen in 2014" and I don't consider these resolutions so much as what I would really like to accomplish in 2014. I have been mulling this in my mind for a few days.
So here is my list (subject to change and not in any particular order) these things I really "want to do" in 2014.
- Have registered and plan on completing (of which I have failed miserably in the past) a new class entitled "The 50mm Project". Using your 50mm lens with different assignments and instructions for 4 weeks. This the lightest weight lens I own, why I don't use it more often is beyond me. But this will encourage me to take it out of the bag more often. In fact...all the images on today's post are taken with my 50mm 1.4 lens.
- Learn Lightroom 5. I have been using it, but I really need some good "how to's and to dig dip" because not only am I using Lightroom for most of my editing, I made the decision to shoot in RAW. Huge leaps for me.
- Meet more blogging friends face to face. I have done that in the past and loved meeting those that you get to know via their blogs, but meeting them, and carrying on a conservation, and laughing and really getting to know them is life enriching!!
- Take better care of myself. I won't go there now, but I am horrible at so many "healthful habits".
- Finish a 365 Project. Again have failed miserably in the past, but heh, try and try again, maybe the 3rd time will be the charm.
- Gather with friends more. Life is too sweet and too short to not stay in touch with those you love.
- Try and whittle down my notorious procrastination....but I am afraid it's part of who I am..my so-called DNA.
- Participate for a 2nd time in the Alzheimer's Walk in the Fall and try to raise even more money for research for this dreaded and horrible disease.
- Grow my Family Photography Business. I am delighted with what I have done so far, but would like to continue and gain more clients this year.
- Travel, travel, travel....need I say more.
- Read more, have a ton of books downloaded on my Kindle, just waiting patiently for mine eyes to see. If you are a Kindle user you must subscribe via email to Pixel of Ink and Book Bub. They are sites that are linked to Amazon that offer daily offerings of digital books to read, some are free, some are $1.99 and the really fantastic almost brand new books are $2.99. Granted most times I read and delete, but it's worth it to sign up. Just google them....and sign up, do it!!
- Let go of a hurtful relationship.
- Investigate selling my prints on line, another huge leap for me if I follow thru.
- Be more prayerful....after all, nothing would be possible without the good Lord guiding me, protecting me, lifting me up when I am down, and loving me for who I am.
Have a safe, warm & happy weekend.....
Until next time.....