Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Uneventful

I packed yesterday,  I set my alarm to get up early this morning, I waited for the limo driver to pick me up at 6:15 AM, I arrived at the airport, I checked my bags, I walked to the gate and held my breath.  And just about an hour before our scheduled take-off time our plane taxied up to the loading dock or whatever they call those things that you walk thru to board your flight and only then did I breathe a sigh of relief.  The plane took off without a hitch, on time, and uneventful.  (ie: uneventful means it was a perfect flight with no problems).

I went from this at -9 degrees this morning.....


to this -- about 75 degrees in just under 3 hours and 50 minutes....(the fella sitting behind me was using the flight tracker on his smart phone and said that was Roosevelt Damn just below the airplane wing.


I sat on the patio and spotted this....


 and this


and this....the Cactus Wren, the state bird of Arizona so I must be here after all.


Man am I glad to get out of that wretched winter we have been experiencing and soak up some sunshine, 10 glorious days.....thank you God.

"Life is like an ever-shifting kaleidoscope-  a slight change, and all patterns alter." ~ Sharon Salzberg

Until next time.....

31 comments:

  1. just awesome. i'm glad it went off without a hitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallelujah!!! yippee and happy dancing all around! Enjoy your 10 days of sunshine. And Deanna, I had to giggle...just a bit... airplanes park at an apron... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad everything worked out for you to get to Arizona. :-) Soak up that sun and forget about snow and cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right about now I wish I were in Arizona! have fun.... xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastical Fabulous! Have a perfectly sunny good time . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. O.K. now I am jealous! Enjoy your stay in my favorite part of the world! Glad it was uneventful! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy every second of it and bring some of that back with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so fun!! you enjoy! & we will drool over your views. too fun!! love the hummingbird. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad you are here and made it after all to the sun, see you Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy your travel plans were uneventful Deanna -- looking forward to more "warm" shots from you this week... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad you were able to get away to a warmer climate....Have fun and I will be looking forward to seeing what you capture through your lens....

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you got out of the cold for warmer climates! Enjoy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy your break from this wretched winter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. *Sigh* Sounds just wonderful! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Squeee! I'm so excited to meet you on Friday! I can't believe you've already photographed a hummingbird and a cactus wren - astonishing and beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad things went on without a hitch! Enjoy all that warm weather and sunshine. Take lots of pictures to show us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad that you made it!! Looking forward to more warm pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad everything went well for you, Deanna.
    Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a difference. Have a wonderful break x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What you didn't make a detour and pick me up along the way - Shame on you!
    Seriously I'm happy you are enjoying some "warm" times in Arizona and soaking up the scenery around you because now I get to see it too! Loving the little humming bird shot.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad all went well.
    Have a great trip. Looks like it's starting out good.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so glad you made it out of Chicago yesterday! I wondered about you all day. Thanks for letting us know. And now enjoy! {And hug those AZ gal photogs for me, please!}

    ReplyDelete
  23. Enjoy your time in the sunshine! We are on our way back to the cold. But I'm okay with that. I miss home.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yessssss!!! Enjoy, enjoy, dear woman.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooh, how lovely! Have a great time in Arizona, Deanna!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.