Monday, March 12, 2012

Bringing Back the Joy

Yesterday I visited my sweetheart, he has not been doing well lately....stopped eating, stopped drinking, wouldn't get out of bed and the nurse suspected he may have a UTI.  The Dr. has started him on an anti-biotic and he seemed to be better yesterday.  I got him to eat some ice-cream (he has always loved ice-cream) and I did get him out of bed for awhile.  It is so difficult to see the one you love diminish before your eyes.  He could sure use a few of your prayers to help him thru this down-turn.

After staying with him for awhile I then went to my daughter's home for dinner.  My two grand-daughters were there since they are both on spring break and the puppy, Mac, was in a playful mood.  Between my grand-daughters, my daughter, my son-in-law and the wonderful dinner my daughter prepared, all combined, brought back the joy.

His legs are getting longer & longer, but he still doesn't jump.  Hasn't managed the stairs yet and no furniture jumping, but it won't be long..




Sandy was definitely keeping an eye on Mac....


Before I left yesterday, I stopped by my neighbors where I spotted these pretty little snow-drops popping up in their yard.  Had, had, had to stop and take a pic.... Linking this up to Lisa's Creative Exchange


And finally, this little fading tulip that my daughter still had sitting in a vase on her kitchen counter...they are lovely in every stage.  Linking up with Leaves In Bloom for her Color Me Weekly

"I can't explain it.  All I know is that prayer works."  ~  Norman Cousins

Until next time.....

23 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures Deanna. I will be thinking of you, sending prayers your way. And such a sweet pup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are so wonderful, Deanna, and I'm so glad you found a bit of joy again! My thoughts are with you - all the best for you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tulip is really stunning, and the blue background is perfect for it - I love the colours you chose for the palette - and I adore your puppy! Sending positive thoughts your way - stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for your husband Deanna aswell and I think that tulip looks beautiful even in its final stages. Thanks for joining up with ColorMe Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deanna, I'm praying that your husband does better.
    Your floral photos are beautiful, as always. I also love the shots of the puppy and cat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry that your husband isn't feeling well -- sending good wishes for a better day ahead for you and him.

    Lovely photos -- that Mac is adorable, as is the kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry Deanna, and I DO know what you're going through.
    Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Thank you so very much for being a part of The Creative Exchange.

    Have a wonderful evening, and I will surely still see you here!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry that your husband isn't feeling well. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Your photos are wonderful.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for your sweetheart, and for your sweet heart too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great colors in your palette!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deanna, my heart goes out to you and your hubby. Please know that you're both in my prayers. I know how devastating illness can be and the daily toll it can take. I'm so glad you're able to look through the negatives and choose joy...even on days when I'm sure you're not feeling it. (((God bless)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely shots! The second one of the pup is playful and fun. The one of the white flowers is soft and lovely. Thank you for sharing! I will send my thoughts and prayers out to you, your husband and your family. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As an RN in a Nursing Home. UTIs are very common in the elderly.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the quote at the end of your post. Prayer does work! And I will certainly keep you and your husband in mine. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry to hear that your husband isn't doing so well, Deanna. I'll certainly keep him in my prayers. Your photos are as wonderful as ever. I love seeing two of my favorite things...animals and flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sending prayers and hugs your way . . . I marvel at your photos and your strength.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous puppy...your photos are always so lovely.
    Hope your husband feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have a wonderful eye for great compositions, colour and light. So pleased your day ended well. I know it was hard seeing my dad slowly go downhill, some times were worse than others. Particularly difficult for my mum who visited nearly every day through the years he was in care.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely shots. Really enjoyed the flower. Hoping get well wishes will get the trick done.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so sorry to here about your husband.. That has to be so hard. I will keep you in my prayers.
    Your photos are amazing.. I just love the flower hanging upside down. It is beautiful..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Deanna,
    Lovely post, lovely blog. I'm going to put a link to it on my blog. Prayers and good thoughts to you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't imagine what it's like to walk your shoes. But u have such a beautiful, bright spirit and it shines through your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.