Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Little of This and a Little of That

At last the heat and humidity broke last night....and today was a very pleasant 80 degrees with a soft breeze.  Perfect for working in the yard, lazing on the porch or really just about anything your heart desires, but please, outside.  Soak up that wonderous sunshine.  I have Sirrius radio in my new car, I have the station set to play the "40's and more".  I know I am showing my age, but that music is just so joyous and I can understand every word, unlike some music of today that is harder than heck to understand.  Today, as I was driving, the song "the best things in life are free" began to play.  The stars at night, the sun that shines, the breezes that blow...some of the best things in life are free, so remember to enjoy those freebies.


Have you ever tasted chocolate cheerios??  They are joyous and it is like having dessert for breakfast....that is a smiley face, but the nose kept drifting.  This may not be free but this week Cheerios are 2 for $5.00 at Walgreens. 




If you have a garden and you don't have Monarda, I strongly encourage you to invest in this wonderous perennial.  There are several colors with which to choose, light pink, dark pink, magenta, and red, tall ones and shorter ones...This flower attracts hummingbirds, butterflies, and ofcourse bees, all things in life that are free to enjoy. 



When you look closely at a daylily they sometimes remind me of aliens.....beautiful, but still aliens.




Liatris (gay feather) looks stunning next to the blue birdbath.  The Liatris was not free nor was the birdbath, but gazing at them is. 


This poor little coneflower never grew petals, I still found it quite beautiful and if you look real close there is an insect (bug) crawling around, probably looking for the petals.  I added a favorite Kim Klassen texture to this, trying to add something to this poor naked cone flower. 


While I was out enjoying the late afternoon, pulling weeds, dead-heading flowers my little neighbor sweetie whizzed by on her bike.  On her way back she stopped and told me she liked the flowers and I asked her if I could take her picture.  Last year she wouldn't come near the camera, this year she is much more agreeable.  She really didn't want to smile because of her missing front teeth, isn't she a cutie with or without teeth?   As I remember, lost teeth are not free....you put them under your pillow and magically money appears.  When I was little it was a dime....when my children were little it was $1.00, I have no idea what teeth go for now. 

"The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world's joy, including you."

Until next time......(comments always welcomed)


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Deanna! I'm so glad you found my blog - so now I found yours and I'm your latest follower! :-) I really miss flickr and although I decided to participate in Picture Inspiration I've never even managed to upload one single photo there either - what a shame! I try to find a routine to be able to combine everything more again - I didn't even get around to blogging regularly. Thanks so much for keeping contact! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a cutie pie!
    Wonderful photos of the flowers!
    Hope you weekend is filled with fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many beautiful flowers and that butterfly is gorgeous. Daylilies really reminds of aliens and if you look critter macros they are real aliens from outer space also:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.