Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Trip to the French Market

Before I begin I just have to tell you that I am excited about a new hole in the ceiling. We had an attic fan and a whole house fan installed today. I don't know why we waited this long to take the plunge. I grew up in Dallas, TX and I remember my Dad installing one of these...we did not have central air-conditioning, just 2 window air conditioners, one in the dining room and one in the parents bedroom. Most nights we had the whole house fan running and it kept us totally comfortable. In fact, most nights by 3:00 AM it would get so cool in the house we would turn the fan off. And I am talking Dallas, TX in the summertime. Our new fan is running, I can feel the cool air coming thru the windows and it is glorious.  None of us have ever had allergies (thank God) so keeping the windows open is the preferred method in this household, we have to keep them shut so long in the wintertime that to keep them closed all summer with air-conditioning just feels too confining.  No picture of the hole in the ceiling, just know that there is a big smile on my face.





Saturday morning we headed to the French Market in Wheaton, IL.  The French Market is really just a fancy name for a farmer's market.  Altho they do have more than just produce....jewelry, purses, cosmetics, soaps, bakery products, etc. etc. I was so pleasantly surprised that there was so much fresh produce this early in the summer.





I bought corn, tomatoes, asparagus, and peaches.  The peaches were the best I have had since I bought them here last summer. 



It is hard to resist buying the beautiful flowers that are in abundance.


A nursery from Michigan always has a wonderful display of the latest perennials that are in bloom.


There is even entertainment...this lovely lady had a beautiful voice and drew alot of attention. 


Shoes....of every kind.  I think the girl in the middle probably is wearing the smartest choice, but not with the black socks, definitely not with the black socks.


I laughed when I saw this little cutie's shirt.  I thought it said useless....but I think it was saying "use less" 


There were people laughing.....


People not laughing....looking way too serious for the French Market on a Saturday morning 


There were tall thin people and short not so thin people.....


These girls were just having a great time...they were all friends and all twelve years old...oh to be that young again.  They were all so cute and so willing to have their pictures taken.  I find that most people are just delighted that you want to take their pictures.  Look at the smiles on their faces. 
This young man had just graduated from the Moody Bible Institute college and is returning to his hometown of Cleveland, OH to teach at a christian academy.  He was a happy, happy man.  Again, delighted that I wanted to take his picture. 

We will return again to the French Market, it is a wonderful way to spend a Saturday morning.

"Every single day do something that makes your heart sing."  -  Marcia Wieder

Until next time......(comments are always welcome)



4 comments:

  1. From the wonderful series of photos I feel as I could have been there. You've captured so great images. Especially the people shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know when you will be there next. I would love to meet you there. My friend/Longaberger branch leader has a booth there and I go with her sometimes. I ususally go around 10:00. If you go, stop by and tell her you know me, her name is Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely agree with Laura, I feel I've been there with you! Such a wonderful selection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful time. I wish we had something like that around here :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.