Saturday, July 2, 2011

Red White & Blue Scavenger Hunt (sort of)

Late yesterday afternoon I got a call on my cell phone, I am not a big cell phone user, so it is rare that I get calls....I usually expect the worst when my cell phone rings, however, this call was a goody.  My boo boo bumper was repaired and ready to be picked up later in the evening.  OMG that was soooo fast.  I dropped it off on Wednesday afternoon and it was ready on Friday afternoon....now that is great service.  This place was courteous, super friendly, professional, and FAST.  Isn't it wonderful to be treated so nicely especially when it is a place that you really didn't want to go to, why can't everybody be like that??  The world would be a much happier place if we all treated each other with a little more kindness.  Anyway....I waited until this morning to pick it up.  Back in my beautiful newly repaired clean CRV I suggested to Gary that we go on a red, white and blue photo scavenger hunt.  "sure", he says....so off we go.


We passed this on the way to pick up my car and these 2 flags are what gave me the idea for the red, white & blue hunt.  It is rare to see a Texas flag flying in the state of Illinois, but it made my heart flutter because Texas is where I grew up, Dallas to be exact.  Great place....loved it. 


We passed red doors with white trim and red mailboxes in a red & white old milk can.


And white doors with blue trim and blue roofs...


White front porches with red, white & blue bunting....with some gorgeous red flowers


Many, many, many stop signs....


We passed the Kraft building where they bake cookies & crackers....sure smells good sometimes when you drive by and the wind is blowing in the right direction. 


We passed driveways where they drove both red & blue cars (see our license plates are even red, white and blue)


More porches that were decorated for the 4th of July....



I cheated a little on this one...this is from the Planter's Palette from yesterday's trip.  It was a little vignette of an old-fashioned victory garden and I even gave it a vintage feel with an action from Florabella. 





We stopped at "The Growing Place" where I found the gorgeous red berry bush, the cute 4th of July yard ornaments and this lovely glass yard candle holder.





And finally, back at our home, my new blue pot with red verbena (and an added Kim Klassen texture) and my new blue ceramic mushroom in the middle of the blue catmint, and another pot filled with red, white & blue flowers....  A most excellent red, white & blue scavenger hunt.  Happy 4th of July weekend everyone!!!

If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace.  ~Hamilton Fish

Until next time.....(comments always welcomed)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.