Thursday, June 6, 2013

Look What I Found At Barnes & Noble

Yesterday was B&N day with my gal-pals and just as we sat down, in walks a young Mom with her 2 children.  When I spotted this little girl my little ole photographer heart began palpatating and it was only about a minute before I bravely asked...".can I take her picture?"  Her mother was most gracious and agreed, so snap away I did.  Her eyes, her hair, her smile....a photographer's dream.  Her brother was a little less animated, but still a quite handsome young man.  Thanks, Mom, for making my day. 





After B&N it was off for our last bookclub gathering until Fall.  Today was "recommend a good book day", so thought I would list some of the books that were recommended by other readers.  I have not read these, (except for one) so cannot give an opinion, but my thoughts are if recommended by a reader it must have great merit.

  WONDER by R. J. Palacio
  THE WEIRD SISTERS by Elinor Brown
  OUT OF WARRANTY by Haywood Smith
  THE SHOEMAKERS WIFE by Adriana Trigiani
  THE FALLS by Joyce Carol Oats
  MRS. LINCOLN'S DRESSMAKER by Jennifer Chiaverini
  THE LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS by M.L. Stedman
  NOTHING DAUNTED by Dorothy Wickenden
  THE ENGAGEMENT by J. Courtney Sullivan
  AND THE MOUNTAINS ECHOED by Khaled Hosseini
  BEAUTIFUL RUINS by Jess Walter (I am almost finished reading this one....it is a delightful read that has  
  a cast of great characters and wonderfully written.)

If you are looking for a stash for your summertime reading you might want to check on these.



Linking to Kim's  Little Things Thursdays

Until next time....





21 comments:

  1. She is such a poppet! So adorable. She is so a photgrapher's dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the Weird Sisters and didn't like Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker. The rest I have not read, but will save the list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful children. I love to read, but having trouble being still and concentrating. Probably menopause. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are indeed adorable!
    Thanks for sharing the book suggestions. I have just finished Wonder which I thought was a great read. It is more of a young adult book, but I think a good read for us too. I think it should be on the required reading list for young adults.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What precious children! Wonderful portraits of them, too. Thanks for the reading list. I'm always on the lookout for more books even though I already have so many in my wishlist, I will never get to them all. But you never know... The only one of those I've read is "The Falls" by Joyce Carol Oates. I am a fan of her books and this one didn't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! Love those sparkling blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for the reading ideas ... i am always looking for something great to check out & always try to find a great read to expand my mind & fun ... so cool!! going to look them up now. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, Deanna! You are so brave, and look how it pays off! This little girl is so sweet, so beautiful, and you've captured her wonderfully. I wonder if Mom would like a copy of them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGoodness, Deanna, she is absolutely precious.
    That hair is like nothing I've ever seen, and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deanna, you and I are one of a kind...would of done the same thing. How can you resist those bright beacon for eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  11. How precious. If I didn't have children, I think I'd have to find some somewhere to photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new model is over-the-top adorable! And you captured her beautifully. I loved Beautiful Ruins and The Weird Sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that little girl is a living doll - her eyes, her HAIR - I love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it when a mom agrees to let me photograph their adorable kids. Wow! These two are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A little dandelion-haired princess. Those eyes, that smile, the hair! Such vivid portraits, Deanna. Thanks for the book suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't she just the cutest little thing, that hair has to make her mama smile when she looks at her.

    I have so many books on my list to read, I need another life but I will add these to mine.

    Have a good night.

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is such a cutie! I haven't read any on your list, but I already have a backlog on my Kindle that I have been saving for summer reading. I finished two books at the lake while we were camping. I love to read- so thanks for the list.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Did u happen to exchange emails with the mom so you can send her these adorable pics of her kiddos!!? Truly sweet as pie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a darling little pixie! And her brother is just a cutie! You have really captured their innocence! Thank you for the book list. I was considering reading all three books by Khalid Hosseini, but hadn't read a review of the last one. (I am a little behind) This has helped me decide. Hope your weekend is lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. What gorgeous children!! The little girl is such a sweetie... she looks quite pixie like! What a lovely Mum to allow you to take some photos!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.