After Cinder arrived home, Toby was, to say the least, a little taken aback by this new entry into his only "dog in the house" world. Much like a big brother feels with a not-so-welcomed new little baby sister into his only child world. I could see the look on Toby's face time after time...."when is she leaving??" When can I go back to being your only "sweet pea?" fyi, I have a strong tendency to call my kids sweet peas. This made me feel a little guilty for bringing Cinder home since Toby had been my main squeeze for 7 years. So I tried and continue to try hard to give each one equal lovin'.
The kids (aka dogs) are getting along a little better these days. Toby has tried playing with Cinder, but she is definitely a non-playing dog. Toby is the house defender...whenever anyone walks by he lets them know by his bark or should I say continuous bark, that this is his property no ifs ands or buts about it. He is not vicious, nor would he ever bite anyone, in fact when visitors open the gate and enter Toby's domain, he runs in the opposite direction. Really quite funny. Cinder follows in his heels, quite literally. She has also learned the art of home defense only her bark is more of a high-pitched yip, actually a shrill is more the term. I am sure our neighbors are thrilled with my new addition.
I love my kids, they have brought me joy beyond belief, they fill my empty home with their love and affection, I am blessed to have these beings in my life....for them I am grateful!!
Quickly....5 random things
- I am off to have lunch with my Bailey (my oldest granddaughter) today. Love having her work so close.
- Went to a lovely luncheon and book review earlier this week at the home of one of the members. Great lunch and I am definitely buying the book that was reviewed "Give The Lady What She Wants" the story of Marshall Field. Since Marshall Field was such a huge part of Chicago's history and the retail world, the reviewer teased us with just the right amount of information to entice us to read the entire book.
- I made another trip to the Arboretum yesterday, the leaves are still glorious and I wanted to take advantage of their last glow before they disappear for 5 or 6 months.
- I am having issues with my cell phone. The cell phone does nothing but vibrate. I have ring-tones set for messages & actual phone calls, but it does nothing but vibrate. Must remember to have Bailey look at it, maybe she can figure out what's wrong, or else a stop at the Verizon store. Sometimes those "smart" phones are too smart for us non-smart "mature" ladies.
- And issues with my computer....new, too slow, what's wrong?? After lunch today I am going to Best Buy and buy more RAM, maybe that will help.
Until next time.....