Tuesday was a gorgeous day with temps in the 60's and lovely blue skies. I really thought that by the time I came home from Tennessee all of our color would be gone, but this year we have been pleasantly surprised. The trees are just now peaking, with many still filled with green. Usually by Halloween the trees are bare but this year we have enjoyed longer color. I walked around the neighborhood and captured some glorious colors....
And to top it off I found a heart shaped apple on my neighbor's tree. I do believe I am turning this into a canvas for the wall in my family room. I think I will do 2 other "red" finds and make 3 8"x8" square canvases.
And Wednesday before it started raining I went to the Arboretum to grab some more color with my camera, you can't have too many pics of this wonderful time of the year.
And quickly 5 random stuff...
- Snicker's is my favorite candy so that was my back-up bag in case I ran out of M&M's. Never had to open the back-up bag, so guess what....it's all mine now. (followed by a wicked laugh)
- I am shooting a small wedding on Saturday, my first wedding but it will be VERY small, just immediate family attending and it is 2nd marriages for the "mature couple". Wish me luck!!
- The kids (aka the dogs) are getting along so much better now. I think it was the week they spent so much time together alone in the house while I was in Tennessee. The kid across the street came over 3 & 4 times a day to let them out and feed them and then my granddaughter, Bailey came Thursday, Friday and spent the night both nights. So they were alone together for quite a bit of time.
- I am reading a creepy book, "Help for the Haunted" by John Searles recommended by one of my blogging friends, Karen at Away for the Weekend. Figured it was that time of year for a scary book.
- There are 2 TV shows that I watch without fail....I am totally addicted to "The Watchlist" and "Scandal"...they leave me hanging each week, wanting more.
And please, if you could hop on over to my collaborative blog "Focusing On Life" where I am talking about "watching your back(grounds)"....it would be much appreciated. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and a grateful filled month ahead.