Monday, July 9, 2012

Happiness with Aaron


Happiness.  Can that word really be defined?  What makes me happy wouldn't necessarily make you happy.  I can look back and recall the times that I was really happy and I can also look back and remember the times that I wasn't.  But basically overall, I consider myself a happy person.  Little things make me happy, I don't have to have the big-blow-up kind.  Maybe aging has taught me what is important in my world of happiness, but I also think that photography has brought me a new level of happiness.  


Yesterday evening as I looked out the front window I saw my little neighbor, Aaron and his Dad walking, Aaron pushing his little lawn-mower and Dad walking beside him.  I grabbed my camera and rushed out first asking permission to photograph Aaron and then snap away I did.  He is such a cutie and as you can see was willing to smile for me after a little get-to-know-you time.  What made Aaron happy was pushing his lawn mower, seeing and pointing to the airplanes in the sky, and checking out my toenails with bright red polish.  The little things.  What made me happy was being able to photograph Aaron and the delight I found in his smile and the dazzle in his eyes.  




Last week at Beyond Layers, Kim encouraged us to create a color palette.  I have been doing this with The Coffee Shop Blog's Palette template for awhile, but Kim instructed us on how to create our own.  Easy Peasy... Linking to Kim's Beyond Layers Rebecca at The Simple Things and Rosie at Leaves in Bloom.
beyondlayers









"Chose to be happy.  It is a way of being wise."  ~  Colette


Until next time

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I agree!!! I bet his parents would love copies.

      Delete
  2. What a cutie pie!!!! He is absolutely captivating!! I am going to give that color palette thing a shot. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a handsome little boy! I can see why he brought happiness to your heart. I have never thought about trying to do my own color palette, or even making my own template. I feel like it took me so long just to learn Photoshop!! I may have to get inspired after seeing the beautiful colors that you used in your third picture.

    Have a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would make me happy to make portraits like these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! What a precious boy. His eyes simply sparkle in these photos. Like you, photography has given me great joy and I've been using it a lot lately as therapy. It helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a adorable little boy, his smile make my heart sing.

    Love your WISE quote and your color palette.

    Love,
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You take GREAT portraits!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your photos are lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ummm, yeah that little guy makes me happy too! What an absolute sweetheart and you photographed not just him but his personality! Well done Deanna!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful thoughts, a great quote and I love your photos! Aaron really is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such soft beautiful portraits of this adorable little guy. It makes me happy just looking at these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are gorgeous shots of this adorable little guy! also really like your color palette. Lovely job, and it is so true that photography really brings a special quality of happiness in to your life!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photography and texture!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous little boy - your photos are just adorable and I LOVE what you've done with the colour palette - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cutie! A perfect example for happiness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Deanna!!!! Wowzers lady. U blow me away with these. They would make beautful Chrismas gifts for your neighbor. They are gorgeous. Do u remember your settings and lens?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty little boy with eyes that will charm any girl in future years! Lovely way to include a palette of colour aswell Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, he's just adorable as can be and your photo's are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.