Thursday, January 17, 2013

Peanuts and the Gang


My daughter owns and operates her own dance studio.  Twice a year she and her students perform for friends and families in a dance recital.  For the last several years her recitals have all been based on a movie, play or book.  She holds tryouts for the "leading" characters and the remaining students all play a part in the productions  Peanuts and the Gang was the theme of December's show.  After a bazillion years of trying to take pics during the actual dance recital I realized that if I came to the dress rehearsal I could stand as close as I could, move around and not bother anyone except a mother or two that was attempting to do the same thing.     I take probably 3-400 pictures, but needless to say, I only publish less than 100.  This is the first batch....presenting "Peanuts and the Gang"

Lisa and her notes...the smile on her face tells the whole story of her love for this.  


































I love watching these cuties dance, and you can tell by the many smiles they do too.

Until next time.....



20 comments:

  1. i was gonna say 'such cuties!' really cute costumes, too. congrats to your daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is that?!?
    Great job capturing those smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! Wonderful idea to do these at the dress rehearsal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun for sure! Looks like everyone had a great time and it's great you were able to get the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH how fun. Fabulous. I love Peanuts and the Gang.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think everyone love the Peanut Gang ... so cute. love the costumes. fun. i have the same Christmas tree. the year they were out we bought them as Christmas gifts for everyone. so fun!!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  7. These shots are all just wonderful! So glad that you figured out to go to the rehearsal. I also have to say that your daughter is just lovely, and it is always so great to see someone who has found their passion! Great post

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO awesome! I was a dancer for years (until I was 20) and my company did a similiar type theme show that told a story! Amazing pics, Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! The joy on your daughter's and the dancers' faces says it all. So many shots to gush over, but the closeup with the orange costumes and green bands around their necks is my fave. Bet you had a ball photographing them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a veteran of many recitals I must tell you, "Good Job!" Especially love the face and eyes of the little girl with green collar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! Looks like everyone had a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it fun to watch when they are all having such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this brings back my recital memories...and a dance with footballs, perfect! What fun....

    ReplyDelete
  14. lots of wonderful photographic moments and lovely to see here Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. YES to dress rehearsals! You really got it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aren't these the sweetest girls! :-D Marvelous work, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute! I love dance recitals! This one is very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun time! The energy just bounces off your images. Love them

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic pictures and your daughter is quite lovely and obviously shares your creativity in her vision for shows - the footballs had me giggling. Wonderful share.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.