Monday, November 14, 2011

To Savor the Seasons

Savor?  When I think of the word savor I immediately think of food, savoring that delicious chocolate, delightfully savoring the last bite of a well prepared meal.  I have never thought about savoring a season.  Thinking about it tho, you are enjoying the moment while savoring that last bite, so savoring a season is delighting in the variety in nature and its ever-changing cycles.  Seasons make sense of growth in Spring, brilliant mosaics of color in the Fall, and death and decay in Winter. Seasons bring hope and renewal again and again and again.  They give us a glimpse of eternity and their relentless passage brings with each season optimism and harmony.  As I have said before, I relish the seasons, savoring the uniqness of each one.  Choosing a favorite season is almost like choosing a favorite child. (now I am not talking about love here, I never, ever love one child more than the other, but on occasion, one child might be favored over the other for one reason or another.  I am convinced that my brother was always the favored child, but I never doubted for a moment that my Mother loved me the same as she loved my brother, and btw, my brother will not dispute this either....he knows he was the favored one.  Thank goodness we could joke about this, and no hard feelings ever developed.) You really never choose, you may have a favorite at that moment in time, but it changes with each breath you take.  That first glimpse when the leaves begin to take on that golden glow or fiery red is a moment to savor, but when those leaves start to fall and the work of having to rake and haul becomes a chore your thoughts jump ahead to the next ever-changing cycle of the seasons.







Just savoring the sights of Fall......

"How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days."                       ~  John Burroughs

Until next time.......

8 comments:

  1. Wow, they are all great looking shots. I love the last one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm savoring your photos Deanna! That last one in particular is stunning.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely autumnal photos and thoughts Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you the left the best to last, gorgeous work on the old barn.

    Wonderful images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful, Deanna. Wow, I really love that one of the barn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Savor I am, because we have no fall here on the coast of Texas. That last one makes my heart sing - just beautiful! Thanks for sharing Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, There is something special about every season.. But I do love this one!!!! Fall is so beautiful.. Such beautiful photos.. Love to see how you edit your shots..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just can't get enough of the beautiful fall season this year, can you?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.