- I love animals...if I had my life to live over again I may have become a nature/wild-life photographer. Maybe I could be like Shirley MaClaine and live multiple lives. That way I could try out different life paths. How fun would that be....!!
- I am living alone for the first time in my entire life, and I must admit there are certain benefits to living alone....(altho I would rather have my husband (whole) and by my side)
- I am somewhat of a hoarder, I have way too many books, stacks of scrapbook supplies, enough rubber stamps that I will never be able to use in a million years, my closets are overflowing, and you should see my basement.....never mind, you should NOT see my basement.
- I have discovered rather late in my life that I am really a homebody....I enjoy going out, being with friends and family, but sometimes home is the only place I want to be.
- Photography is definitely a passion, I do not go a single day without taking a picture of something or someone. I would rather go on a photo trip than on a shopping trip. I thought I would never say that. Photography brings me so much more pleasure than a new pair of shoes (altho a new pair of shoes is good too)
- For as long as I can remember I have loved the movies...when I was a child (like 6 and 7 years old) my Mother would help me cross a busy street, I would then walk the 3 blocks to the movie theater, pay 10 cents for a ticket, and watch whatever was playing over and over until my Dad would pick me up on his way home from work. Wow, when I stop and think about this, how times have changed.
- I have discovered that I enjoy writing. Expressing my thoughts, thru my blog has been a wonderful creative release for me. It has made me appreciate the written word even more.
- I still care about what people think....I still want approval. I thought as I grew older that part of me would diminish and I would develop the "anything goes" attitude, but not so far.
- I have always been a strong-willed person, sometimes too much, but it has served me well in many of my life experiences.
- I love power tools, things like drills, snow blowers, leaf blowers, power washers....I don't know why...but blowing leaves in the fall, power washing the siding on the house, drilling the screws to fix the fencing all are pleasurable to me. Why?? Maybe it is that instant gratification I get when I see the driveway clear, the fence repaired or the siding clean rather quickly. Yes, I admit I have fallen into that instant gratification syndrome...not an easy thing to admit. That is probably why I don't knit or needle-point, but take photos....see a pattern here??
His name is Mac and he is a Siberian Husky, the mascot for Northern Illinois University where my daughter is the Pom Coach and my son-in-law is the Gymnastic's Coach. How appropriate is that?? Not only does my daughter have 4 cats, she now has a dog. Crazy!!
"We turn not older with years, but newer every day." ~ Emily Dickinson
Until next time.....