Saturday, July 6, 2013

Blue (as in the color)

Kristi over at Live and Love Outloud has a new summer photography challenge entitled Nurture Photography with a new challenge each week from now until August 2nd.  This week our inspiration is the color blue...rather appropriate since the colors of the week are red, white & blue here in the good ole' USA. I love these challenges and who doesn't like blue?  I began in my garden with blue...


An added little garden ornament that resembles my Toby....


The sky on the 4th of July...pretty perfectly blue...


And a blue or two fireworks was naturally added...


This morning Marti and I headed to the French Market...what a grand place to spend a Saturday in the summertime.  Fresh produce with a little bit of everything else....cheeses, wines, fresh flowers, nursery plants, jewelry, purses.  When it comes to jewelry, purses, fresh cheeses and good wine, I am in heaven, throw in a little fresh produce and it is perfection.  Adding the fact that I can take pictures is a bonus.  Look what I found....a sweetie pie with a blue hat & lady-killer blue eyes.


Another sweetie pie with blue ear-rings, and blue eye-shadow singing into a blue microphone.  She is a regular here on Saturday mornings and it such a pleasure listening to her sing.


And yum, yummy fresh berries in blue berry baskets.


And last but not least, my neighbor came down to share some pink lemonade piggy cookies for her grand-daughter's 1st birthday that were baked special for her party and while here I noticed her "blue toes".....picture time.


So that's it for blue from me.  Hop on over to Kristi's blog and see more blue and join in on the summertime challenge.

Nurture Photography Challenge - Summer 2013 Edition

Until next time.....

14 comments:

  1. Love all those blues today, Deanna! A great selection of my favorite color. Love that little one with the 'lady killer' eyes! Oh, is his Mama going to be in for it in a few years! Ha ha! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your 'blues' were happy ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful collection of summer blues.....and by the way, I love your new header...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blue shots, looks like such a fun time :) Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Deanna...that shot of the singer is divine and looks like an album cover....She and the photo are stunning

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so fabulous! I really love the berries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great selection of blue images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. more beautiful Deanna photos; I especially loved the look of those berry baskets (very tempting) ... and the two portrait photographs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all shades of blue, fabulous collection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those blue flowers are so pretty! The berries look amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely blues, I love that little dog sculpture that looks like yours, the fur is just grand

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that photo of the singer! So pretty! Thanks for joining us in the Nurture Photography Challenge! I can't wait to see what you come up with for our next theme: Gold/Evening. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.