Friday, July 5, 2013

Letters on Friday



Dear Week, I don't know about you, but it seems like when there is a holiday during the week, it really throws me off. Yesterday seemed like Saturday, but yet it was only Thursday.  I think I will vote for all holidays to be on a Monday from here on.  But then my working friends probably enjoy a day or two off during the middle of the week, so never mind.

Dear "The Heat"....not too crazy about you.  I really thought that having Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy in a movie together, that these two zanies would give us one continuous laughter...but the language dampened the spirit of comedy. Way, way too many F bombs almost continuously.  McCarthy's character was rough & tough and a few foul words would have been enough, but it was way TOO much.  Just sayin....

Dear Garbage Disposal....what??  You didn't last but 5 years, and with the little amount of cooking I do, you should have lasted 20 years, but instead you decided to start leaking.  And leaking under the kitchen sink is not a pretty site. Thank goodness I found me a great guy that does EVERYTHING....remember the leaky outside faucet?  To the rescue he came with new garbage disposal in tow.  I would show you a picture of a garbage disposal but never mind.

Dear Search....I mentioned last week that I am now in the midst of trying to find a new place for my sweetie, he now needs skilled nursing care.  I think I have found a place, closer to home, and highly recommended by the Activity Director where he currently resides.  Now it is a matter of a visit by them to his current location and then the logistics of the move.  I hate (strong word) that he has to move.

Dear Garden....you do give me peace.



Dear Marti....you are the best.  You include me in your holiday celebrations with your family, you feed me, you love me.  And speaking of feed me....your Sammie really enjoys your cookies.


And she is quite the cook too....


Hope you all had a great week, it's summertime and the livin' is easy!!

"Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language."  ~ Henry James

Linking to Nancy's Random Five on Friday.....
Until next time....

23 comments:

  1. What beautiful eyes Sammie has! I only listened to the fireworks while reading in bed - glad to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic fireworks & isn't she a cuuutie! Thanks for the heads up on "The Heat" =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love reading your posts that I do miss them when I do not have the time to make the rounds. Haven't seen "The Heat" but it sounds like one I should avoid due to the language. I cannot understand why they have to put THAT word in modern movies so much. No wonder I enjoy older films. I do hope all goes well with your sweeties move. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i am glad you found a place! i do hope it will go as smoothly as possible...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Sammie is adorable! So glad you are close to finding a new home for your hubby. I've been thinking about you ... and wondering. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her eyes are just lovely, and so glad you enjoyed a fun celebration! Glad it looks as if you have found the "new right place" for your husband, and hope it all goes well. Good that it will be closer, and perhaps more convenient for you. Also, as you know, you can expect some temporary regression with change. Just a reminder, which I am sure you have already experienced. Change is hard, but know that God is guiding you here, so just trust ( almost put rust). Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sammie is so cute! Glad to read that you found a new "home" for your Sweetie and hoping the move goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad i read your review of 'The Heat'. Hubby and i were going to see it this weekend, but now we'll find a different film to see. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Gardens are wonderful. Full of peace and serenity.

    Sorry about your garbage disposal. Plumbing problems are pretty lousy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sammy has the most gorgeous eyes. She looks like a pretty good cook too:) Glad you have found a place closer to home for your sweetie! I hope the move goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that second photo is just amazing!! I love how many different fireworks you got in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at those big blue eyes! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those eyes!!!!! Great fireworks DeAnna. Fingers are crossed for your sweeties new place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hear you on the holiday and getting mixed up on the days, to beat it all I was double confused as our fireworks are always on the 3rd so I kept thinking the 4th was Sunday. Gee wiz I am easy to confuse. The little gal looks like she is full of sweetness. Glad the decision is almost complete for your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great fireworks...these turned out wonderful! (Mine not so much.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great images. The fireworks are wonderful and The pic of Sammie with the cookie is a classic. Hope the move for your sweetie works out well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your letters... and sweet photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sammy is adorable and what fun! I'm with you on "The Heat." I was disappointed. Unfortunately that looks the best of the summer. Every summer I wonder why I don't go to the movies and then I do go and I am reminded that these movies are not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous fireworks photos, Deanna! Holidays always throw me off, too. Sorry about your dear one needing skilled care now. Glad you found something closer. Your little cook's helper is precious as can be! Hope your weekend is happy. Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cutie Sammie is -- and those cookies look great.

    I know having that move ahead is stressing you out -- but it will get done.

    Thinking of you these days. xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so glad you found a place - I hope everything goes well with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful fireworks ... So glad you might have found the right place and nearer too that's good news...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Deanna, great post as usual and I do hope you get the waste disposal sorted out...not nice! Have a wonderful weekend...yes, it's Sunday tomorrow (well at the moment of typing anyway!). Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always enjoyr your letters, Deanna. I'm glad that you have found a place, and I hope the move goes along smoothly as possible. I'll be thinking about you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.