Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Tending Our Inner Garden


Gardening is a soul-feeding activity for many of us.  We nurture and care for our flowers, vegetables and trees by watering, weeding and feeding them.  And very often talk to them.


Studies done using special slow-motion photography demonstrate that plants react differently depending on how they are spoken to.  When spoken to in a soft and soothing manner, the energy around a plant expands and brightens, and the plants actually lean toward the speaker.  However, if threatened or spoken to harshly, the colors around it darken and it leans away from the "perceived" threat.


What kind of gardener are we to our inner gardens?  Do we cultivate kindly?  Do we prune with patience and encourage and appreciate our flowering.  Each of us is unique and beautiful, worthy of our finest care.  If we take that care, and soak in the sensation of being nurtured and encouraged to grow we will be as beautiful as the gardens we care for.



Take some time to tend to your gardens, both of them.

Until next time....

15 comments:

  1. I love the Alice Walker quote - that is perfect. I need to write that one down.

    I love being in the garden. too much rain around here to do that lately. but I can dream, right?!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so much gorgeousness! :)
    I miss my Italian garden so much, I sure hope to have one here in Scotland one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanne, please tell me this A-Frame purple door is not in YOUR garden? It is so unique and adorable!!! I have never seen something SO adorable in a garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant post Deanna, well worth pondering....

    ReplyDelete
  5. another delightful post, for both your artistry and the photography. I especially love the roses Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. So deep and so beautiful! Have a marvelous holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. See all that rain was good for pretty images. :) Love that A frame over the door.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post, Deanna! Your words are sightful and thoughtful. The pictures and quotes are awesome.

    Each of us is unique and beautiful, worthy of our finest care. This is so important to realize.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post and tending both our garden also mean that we stop watering the weeds in our lives and start watering the flowers instead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad I talk kindly to my flowers - and to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deanna, a really beautiful post and such stunning photos. Thank you for the inspiring words and images.

    G

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.