Friday, July 26, 2013

Dear Whatta Week....

Dear Bunco Monday ....This has been a week....some good, some not so good.  Began the week with the Bunco gang coming here, we have 12 members so we each take a month hosting, works out really nice and I always like to have it in the summertime using the porch as one of the tables for Bunco. Everyone seems to enjoy their time on the back porch.  How is it that you think you have all the time in the world, and then suddenly time runs out and you're working your little ass (sorry) off to get ready in time for the girls to come.  You know how it is....you want everything to be just perfect.  I even thought I would have time to run to Kohl's to take advantage of a sale, ha, who was I trying to kid.  Anyway, ready or not they came and enjoyed the food and the drink.


Dear dang tired Tuesday.....I was so dang tired from Monday, I did absolutely nada on Tuesday. Napped on the porch, read a little, napped again, watched a little TV, napped again.  But woke up in the middle of the night with the chills...shivered till my teeth chattered.  Couldn't get warm (now remember this is summer), finally settled down, went back to sleep, but woke up chattering again.
Wh a aat??  Felt better the next morn, but wasn't perfect, felt really achy.

Dear shiver me timbers Wednesday....had plans to go to Geneva (a sweet little town northwest of here) to have lunch at "The Little Traveler" with 2 gal pals, but almost backed out due to still not feeling tippy top.  But decided to go anyway.  Lovely lunch, lovely stroll through the town.



Got home, started with the shivering again, and decided to take 3 ibuprofen and go to bed removing myself from contact with anyone.  Woke up late with 101.4 temp....took me forever to find the thermometer, hadn't used it in years, but just knew I had a fever.  When your eyeballs feel hot, then you know you have a fever.  Slept again, then woke up sometime in the night and was sweating....yeah fever broke.

Dear I feel so much better, Thursday....I feel better physically, but today was another day that has tested my "what I believe is my strong will".   I am cleaning out the office in preparation for re-painting and new office furniture.  And with cleaning out the office it means going through the piles of books, and paper, paper, paper in every drawer and cabinet.   My sweetie and I attended 4 years of schooling for him to become a Deacon in the Catholic Church, so all those papers were still in all those places waiting for me.  Seeing his handwriting, reading his words on those papers, brought on the tears.  Stacking all of  his books and gathering his albs and stoles (the dress that Priests and Deacons wear while performing sacraments) was a heavy burden.  I called one of the Deacons at our church who works in the Diaconate office and asked if he thought others could use my sweetie's things and without hesitation he came and picked them up, easing my burden. He said there were men who had just completed their schooling and will be be ordained in about 3 weeks that could use the albs and would be so grateful for my generosity.  Made my heart feel good.

And because it's Thursday, it's Band Concert night...that makes anyone feel better....the band concert where you can find just about anything....like dogs in lawn chairs while their owner sits on the ground, didn't quite understand that....meet Rose.  Note that both have the same color collars...hmmm.


And what a handsome man in his Scottish kilt ready to perform for the crowd this evening....


A typical band concert crowd....and we only have a few weeks left before it's all over.  Oh boo hoo, makes me sad to think that summer is winding down.  This is such a pleasurable way to spend Thursday evenings in the summertime.


Dear here we go again, Friday.... I am going to spend the day again going through "stuff" in the office. Years of accumulating books, papers, old bills, not my favorite thing to do, but it's gotta be done. And this morning the "fence" man comes to give me an estimate of a new fence.  Too much going on all at the same time....it's hard for this old lady to keep up.  I feel like my head is just barely above water.

But a fun Saturday is planned....I am meeting Carol Zwick from Buttercup Counts Her Blessings. Carol is from New York City, but is here in Chicago for a Blogger Conference.  We plan on meeting on Saturday evening in downtown Chicago....at the BEAN and spend some time together....another blogger buddy coming to life.  And in two weeks 6 of us from my collaborative blog, Focusing On Life will be here for our first gathering.  It's too bad all 10 of us were not able to gather, but life gets in the way of fun sometimes.

And speaking of Focusing On Life....pretty please hop on over there because today I am focusing on the color RED.

I thought this was an appropriate quote since I have been working more this week than I have worked all summer....well maybe not all summer but close.....

"No one has ever drowned in his own sweat."  ~  Ann Landers

Linking with...


Floral Love

Until next time.....




33 comments:

  1. Be gentle with yourself on the office cleaning. Take tea breaks and drink lots of water. And easy tv tonight, fun tv. I'm so bossy! I come here to your blog each day, Deanna. It reminds me of all the goodness in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deanna I hope you are now feeling better. I love the Sunflower and the pollen on the leaf below. That Boxer is fantastic adn I do love the man in the kilt!!! Have a good 'non sniffing' weekend. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You really do have a lot going on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, i know you don't live super close . . BUT, by your description - we Both enjoyed the same malady . . what's up with that? I pushed rather hard to make it through commitments - and am paying for it on the back side.

    I would have given my chair to my border collie -

    LOVE, Love, Love your blog.
    Thank you,
    -g-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care of yourself Deanna -- maybe you ate something that didn't agree with you? In any event, we don't want you to get sick and miss out on the rest of your fun summer activities.

    Say hello to Buttercup (Carol) for me. She's such a sweet lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have had a very full week - I am glad the chills/fever came and went without too much toll on you. Between the go-go-go, please take care of yourself. Naps are not just for babies anymore - heck, probably should be something we kept in the school schedule from K-12 and encouraged every day thereafter. Sounds like you have some awesome meet-ups ahead - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, what a aweek, and glad you are feeling better now. How amazing to see the LITTLE TRAVELER! I remember going there with my mom and her lunch ladies sooooooo many years ago. I still have a little tiny glass frog that she bought me... NOW, we need to get going on our planning.. so looking forward to hearing from you. Want to get this in gear before I leave for Montana! Have a great day, and love your photos

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Deanna, I am catching up a little and laughing at your "busy as a one armed paper hanger"! Hilarious! Me too. When I come over here, I feel like I am visiting a dream world. I have learned that people's worlds aren't necessarily more or less beautiful--sometimes it's the eyes! I so enjoy your world through your beautiful eyes. Thanks for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a week, Deanna! Glad you are feeling better. No fun being sick in the summer time.

    I have been sorting, organizing and tossing things too. Nine years in this house and I am amazed at the extra stuff that accumulates. Good Luck with your office makeover.

    Enjoy the time you have with your Girlfriends and blogging buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are feeling much better. I do know how you feel as you clean things out and find those reminders. I find Mr. Dragon's old lab books -- he had tons of them and I decided to keep them and use the pages in art work ..keeping him around and sharing him at the same time. He passed away two years ago. The cleaning and shredding are still going on but getting a bit easier. Enjoy your girlfriends, blogging buddies and the concerts in the park!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so glad you popped back from the fever and chills! and really glad the albs will be used by others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a week you've had! I'm so sorry you felt bad. I hope whatever bug you had has left the premises and that you're feeling better.

    I'll be thinking about you as you continue to go through things in your office. I know it must be very hard to find your sweetie's things. Take breaks and be gentle with yourself.

    So glad you have supportive friends in the "real" world and fun things to do. And know your bloggy friends, including me, are cheering you on and thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dropping in on R5F from ARJ. Love the pic of the Boxer with the pink collar. Glad you were able to find folks who would use and appreciate the vestments. I hope that eased your mind and soul a tiny bit...

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's been one of those weeks for me too. Here's hoping things turn around for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh sweet Deanna - my heart hurts for you as you work through your office filled with memories. Life has been very challenging for you as of late, I pray for peace & comfort for you.

    Oh - you don't need to apologize for "working your little ass" off either. I'd give anything for my ass to be little again! HA!

    Speaking of meeting up with blogging buddies..............

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am glad the chills fever are over, your body asking for a wee break, after reading the following I was sure of it, you have had a filled week. Rose is gorgeous. Enjoy your blogger get together and now I am off to FOLife.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you have had a week. I'm happy that you are feeling better. Nothing worse then coming down with a "bug" in the heat of summer.
    Oh my that dog was a cutie...you know they say pets and their owners often look alike.
    Gosh you sure have a huge crowd for those concerts. Here it's just been way to hot to enjoy being outside much at all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Deanna! So sorry you had a couple of wimpy days. I thought you were awfully quiet in the middle of the week now I know why. Glad you're humming along again. And Geneva sounds like such a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry you have been poorly love the quote have a great meet up..

    ReplyDelete
  20. That IS a busy week! I'm glad you feel better, and your fever broke. And so glad your burden was relieved. Sending hugs from a distance!

    ReplyDelete
  21. feel better. ( :
    i love the sunflowers. big big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This post-that kilt-those flowers-that ice tea!!! Sorry u had that fever-but so glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad you're feeling better, Deanna! You've certainly had a jam-packed week ... I'm tired just reading about it! lol! It's lovely that your husband's things will be used by those who will really appreciate them. Have a lovely weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have had a very busy week. So glad you are feeling better and also glad that you were able to get out and have some fun as well...Cleaning the office...no fun...but I know when it's all done you will be glad....It's so hard to believe so much of the summer is gone.....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Deanna...so glad you are feeling better. You really had a busy week. But glad you got out to my fair towne...I can not wait for us to meet up!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. a lovely account of a not so good week; full of a lot of things we can relate to so easily; you put it in writing so well Deanna. Hope you're feelings lots better now, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You sure are a busy lady, Deanna! :)
    Glad you are feeling better; lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I sure am glad you are feeling better, Deanna.
    Take it easy, and take your time with the cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Entertaining is hard work, but worth all the effort to see the happy faces! Hope you are feeling much better and you have a much more relaxing week ahead. It takes an emotional toll when you have to deal with your dear one's personal things. Be kind to yourself and take it slow. The lunch date looks lovely. xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hope you're feeling better Deanna. So many memories in that office. Take care of yourself. Sam has gone home - we feel tired but happy. That sunflower makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW!! What a week you had.. I was so busy last week I can't even remember what I did!!! I loved your photos my friend. And I am glad you are feeling better..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  32. Glad you are feeling better... you have too much to do, to take the time to be sick :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.