Friday, July 12, 2013

Letters On Friday

Dear Week.....whew you have been packed full of ups and downs, running the gamut from happy to sad.  Don't really want to repeat weeks like this too often....too hard on this "aging" woman.

Dear Pinterest.....I love you.  You give me idea upon idea, recipe after recipe, hint after hint, how to's after how to's, inspiration...well you could "while away" many moments on pinterest.  And speaking of recipes, I did try this one and it was definitely a keeper and recommended.  My friend Marti and I occasionally go out to dinner on Monday nights, it's always the night her husband goes to the gym, and it's usually a trip to a local casual restaurant here in town, but Deanna decided to cook on Monday night.  Now that is an occasion, in other words that don't happen ner're too often anymore. But this is what I prepared, right off of pinterest.

Shrimp, Zucchini & Pesto Angel Hair Pasta
IMG_8488Blog
We finally found a brand of frozen shrimp we love – found it at Whole Foods. It’s frozen wild USA shrimp, already peeled, and tasty! (I used fresh from my local grocery store)
 Recipe {serves 2}
Ingredients
  • 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled
  • 4 ounces angel hair, cooking according to package
  • 1 zucchini, chopped
  • 1 bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/3 cup prepared or homemade pesto sauce
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
Method
  • Prepare pasta according to package.
  • Add 1 tbsp olive oil to medium high skillet and cook shrimp until brown. Don’t stir too much or you won’t get a crust! Remove from pan.
  • Cook pepper and zucchini in remaining olive oil until tender
  • Toss all together in a bowl with pesto.
  • Serve in bowls!
Dear Meadowbrook Manor, you are now the keeper of my sweetie beginning today.  His previous keeper (Lincolnshire Place) was wonderful, so you have some big shoes to fill.  But truly what is important is that you provide him with good care and keep him safe.

Dear Wednesday Gal Pals, I love you.  I love our get-togethers every Wednesday usually at B&N, this week here, talking about everything (this week's discussion centered around whether we liked our given names, I think only one of us really liked what our parents placed on our birth certificates as our "official name").  This week one brought along this sweet bouquet and other's brought sweets to eat.  Again, I love you.


Dear Thursday Evening Band Concerts, you are always a delight.  Last night the weather was perfect, the crowds were filled with all ages and the music was a delight.  Jazz Big Band sound which is my favorite of the summer.  There were young ones with grandparents, elderly people from the local nursing homes, and sweet little, teeny tiny dogs.  Always a fun evening.  



Next week while Carol from Buttercup Counts Her Blessings is here in Chicago for a Blogging Conference (why didn't I sign up for that??) we have scheduled a meet-up on the weekend.  Fun Fun!!  How our world expands when we blog. 
Next week us gal pals are celebrating Elaine's 91st Birthday.  Elaine has been a little "under-the-weather" lately so I am hoping that all is well on Monday and she can enjoy her celebration.  

And next week I am heading to Michigan to do a family photo shoot on the beach.  All good things!!

Oh, and one more thing....I am relishing YELLOW on my collaborative blog Focusing on Life today...sure would appreciate it if you would stop on by. 

Joining Nancy at Random Five On Friday

Until next time.....


27 comments:

  1. What a lovely letter today.
    But I must ask - where and when and what beach will you be at next week in Michigan??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pinterest too - so many good ideas. Yet it makes me realize I don't use enough of these ideas. Name choices would be an interesting discussion for the future generation. With names like Apple, North and Wind, I wonder what they will think 30 years from now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post. I have not ventured into Pinterest, maybe it is time. I think my first name suits me, do I like it I'm not so sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of having a weekly recap. Pinterest is such a wonderfully thing...I have to admit that sometimes I find it a bit depressing though with all the beautiful pictures...the whole thing can at times make me feel a little less than. Glad your sweetie's move went okay. Hope you have a great time at the beach! That sure sounds fun. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Pinterest....I love you and hate you. I can't tell you how many times I've jumped on there to look for one little thing. Hours later, I've pinned so many ideas and completely forgot my original mission.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the move goes well for your husband. I went on Pinterest yesterday to find an app recipe for a BBQ I am going to this weekend. Warning never go on Pinterest on an empty stomach! And then go to the grocery store. Only bad things happen trust me. You have so much joy in your week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry your week was not more on an even keel! Those are difficult weeks for sure.

    Oh my goodness! That recioe sounds superb. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that recipe -- looks awesome. I don't spend too much time on Pinterest these days -- it's more of a winter-time thing for me.

    Thanks so much for sharing this week Deanna! xo Have fun with Carol -- she's a super lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've enjoyed your pictures from this week. Sorry this has been a challenging week, but hopefully you have it behind you and only good ones ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy your letters, Deanna. Great photos, especially the portraits!

    I joined Pinterest but I can't seem to get into it. I haven't figured out what I can do with it yet. :-)

    Enjoy your upcoming activities! I hope your weekend and the coming week are happy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am inspired by the full life you live, WOW! I hope the transition for your husband goes smoothly of you both. Such lovely photos. Love Pinterest it is a great source of inspiration when I am stuck without any. Recipe looks delicious will have to give that a try when we get back from vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always good somewhere to be found in the most challenging of weeks. Thanks for the recipe! I have copied it and saved it and I love that it feeds 2. These days, that's my favorite kind of recipe! Special thoughts to you today ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. dear meadowbrook manor: please take care of deanna's husband and make her heart rest easy that he is in good, loving care and capable hands...

    ReplyDelete
  14. TGIF Deanna. You've come to the end of a difficult week, and you're staying positive. As always, your photos are lovely. Your portrait work really brings out the emotion in your subjects faces. Enjoy your weekend, and here's to a new week that is much less stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy to hear you made it through the challenge of this week and that your Sweetie is settled into his new home. Hope that goes well. I've not tried Pinterest for recipes and rarely visit. I guess I just didn't want to get caught up in the hubbub of the whole thing. Speaking of recipes though...I did try the one for your Almond Chicken Salad you posted recently. YUM!!!
    That little dog you captured is really adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I run hot and cold with Pinterest - when I do finally go searching I'm on way too long! You are blessed with great friends! I hope your husband adjust easily to the move.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The recipe sounds so good. I love shrimp so think I will try it. I hope the move will work out well for your sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you liked the jazz big band. I enjoy that music too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to smile. I am putting a note on my blog about meeting you and went to do the link and here I am! So looking forward to our get-together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have been trying to post on your blog for three days and I do hope this one goes through.....To respond to a few days ago...I want to tell you how much I admire you for getting the help you needed during a difficult time in your life....We all need different kinds of help at different points and I have certainly had times I needed all the help that was available.....

    I know moving your hubby was obviously very hard but I am glad he is settled and you are feeling good about the move. Thank goodness God provides what we need during hard times...

    My daughter had a huskie and they are truly escape artist....she was constantly getting him out of trouble...those blue eyes are beautiful though...

    I love Pinterest as well...When I am working on a project, it really helps me to focus on a board and keep my ideas together....Your receipt looks delicious today. I want to try it soon....

    You inspire all of us with your photography, your positive attitude and your interesting posts....Hugs to you my friend.....

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so glad that things are getting settled for you husband and I know that is a relief for you. Your week is always full.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How true that some weeks are a roller coaster ride. Sometimes one day has enough ups and downs to make be dizzy. Sound to me like you had some really good things happen this week, Deanna. Glad you found a home and got your Sweetie transferred to a new care facility. Enjoy your girl time. I think I need more of that.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, Deanna. Found you from Random 5 Friday and enjoyed your letter. I trust your sweetheart is in a home that will work out well for all of you. Hope next week is maybe more of an even keel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Do so love reading your weekly letter Deanna and love to hear about your goings on hope the move went well for your husband have a fun filled weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love Pinterest, too - and your recipe looks like a great find! I'm happy that you got your sweetie settled - I hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your blog and your letters and the photography! AND I love Pinterest too! Looking forward to other posts!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your images are stunning and pull emotions from me I have not had time to think about. Thank you. Nancy said you had a great blog and she was so right. I can feel your emotions and I just want to say that is great writing.I have been reading your posts and I can feel your joy and your pain. Take care You have a nice blog. B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.