Sunday, July 7, 2013

Scavenger Hunt Sunday - The July 7, 2013 Edition

It's the weekend again....but this week is different.  There was a break in the middle while we celebrated our nation's birthday....hip hip hooray for the red, white & blue.  And this week's challenges for Scavenger Hunt Sunday are perfect....

  • RED
  • WHITE
  • BLUE
  • SPARKLE
  • STARS


  • This regal looking red building was part of the DuPage County (in Illinois) courthouse before moving all of the government facilities to a brand new location a few years ago.  Since that time they have converted this into condos.  I was fortunate enough to be in attendance at a house walk that toured one of the condos a few years ago and all I can say is it was gorgeous.  Those big tall windows let in so much beautiful light, the kitchens were state of the art, trust me it was spectacular, drool worthy. 


    While at the French Market on Saturday I came upon this cute white dog, Cody.  He is a Wheaton Terrier, and he was giving his owner quite a bit of terror.  The market was not the place for him...too many people and way too hot, but he sure was cute.  


    Sammie loved marching around the yard carrying her red, white & blue flags on the 4th...!!



    Oh yum, cookies with sparkles...


    This little vase wrapped with a star, sets on my windowsill holding a snip from my garden.  Added texture, lightened, darkened, played around with...don't ask, can't remember.


    Hop over to Ashley's blog and enjoy many more reds, whites, blues, sparkles & stars.

    Ni Hao Yall

    Until next time.....



    22 comments:

    1. Aww, feeling for Cody right now. Great shots Deanna.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh my! What delicious photos! I love the color, and I love the close-up POV!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I like your original processing....and smart take on sparkle. Cute kiddo.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Ohhhh love what you do Deanna. Quite an empressive building. Happy Sunday!!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Fun shots! Love the white dog. :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. These are all fantastic, but wow! I can't imagine having a condo in that fabulous building!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Too many people and way too hot - I know how Cody feels. Awfully cute shot though. I'd love to see the inside of the condos. The top floor center would be the one I want.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Great shots - love your Sparkle image!

      ReplyDelete
    9. great shots! Love those blue eyes, wow!!!

      ReplyDelete
    10. condos in that building would be very cool!

      ReplyDelete
    11. All great finds but oh, my! Those sparkly eyes ... what more is there to say?

      ReplyDelete
    12. Great photos! I would love to see the condos in that building! It's hot and humid here today and I feel like Code.

      ReplyDelete
    13. That cookie might have sparkles, but so do those gorgeous eyes!

      ReplyDelete
    14. Stunning photos! And look at those eyes! <3

      ReplyDelete
    15. Aww- Sammie is a cutie! Great shots- all!

      ReplyDelete
    16. Oh Deanna! I just love coming to your blog and seeing through your eyes and reading your thoughts.
      Just wonderful!
      "Sparkles" just blew me away!

      ReplyDelete
    17. What a great set! I especially love that beautiful, old red building and the adorable girl in the blue polka dots.

      ReplyDelete
    18. Wow that building shot is just fabulous - looks like a great place to live.
      Cody looked a little parched, poor thing.
      Your star shot was so lovely and that little girl is just way to cute!

      ReplyDelete
    19. Those eyes are so lovely and full of life :) Great photos, Deanna.

      Hugs to you!

      ReplyDelete
    20. I look forward to your photos each week! I think the adorable shot of the sparkly cookie & those adorable crystal blue eyes is my fave! But, the red building captured my heart. Love old architectural features.

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.