Sunday, July 28, 2013

Coming and Goings of the Sun....

This week, Kathy at You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, Song-ography's challenge, is from the Beatles hit "Here Comes the Sun".  Well ofcourse, me being in perfect tune (no pun intended) didn't even check on the challenge until late yesterday afternoon right before I caught the train to Chicago to meet-up with Carol from Buttercup Counts Her Blessings.  Sun?  Hmmm....I found more setting than rising...so it's going to be more Here Goes the Sun, instead of Here Comes the Sun.

Waiting on the train this woman caught my eye.  She was sitting on the bench close to me, and me trying to be totally discreet, (now I ask you, how in the heck can you be discreet when you are sitting on the next bench and you have your big girl camera, with a rather large lens attached) waited until the right moment to snap her photo.  She did not look like the kind of person that was wanting to have her photo snapped, as many are, and to me she looked as tho alot of sunshine had gone out of her life, however she did still manage to put a flower in her hair, perhaps still seeking that ray of sunshine.


After the train ride into Chicago, a quick cab ride to Michigan Ave. and while walking toward "The Bean" which was our designated spot for out meet-up I thought the clouds & sun reflected in The Bean were perfect.  That is the great thing about "The Bean" it is so reflective and makes the world around it seem almost magical.


Sure enough, almost as soon as I rounded to the west side a woman approached me and asked if I was Deanna.  This was not the Carol, aka Buttercup that I recognized from her blog, but her friend C. Carol & C have been good friends since their first week of college a few years back....and no, we are not discussing how many years back.  Then, here comes Buttercup, arms outstretched ready to hug. Oh what fun, another blogger buddy come to life.  What an absolute delight.

We immediately decided to get something to eat, (that's what we women do, isn't it, eat and talk) so we spent a splendid time dining on Kobe hamburgers with blu cheese, and grilled balsamic onions on a pretzel bun...yes, all 3 of us indulged on this...oh yum.  I washed mine down with a "summertime" sangria. And then we talked and talked and talked some more.  Carol & her friend C, are both avid readers, both love to travel, have very active and full lives, way fun getting to know them both.

We decided to walk over to the Pritzker Pavillion for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra's free concert, but first a quick stop in the ladies room where I came across a group of young ladies dressed in what I first thought, were dance costumes.  I guess I am so tuned to costumes = dance because of my daughter's profession (dance studio owner/choreography extraordinaire) that I thought they were in town to perform.   Wrong, they were just having fun.  A year ago this very same weekend one of these couples was engaged and this group of friends dressed up, and rode a trolley as a fun way to celebrate the engagement.  A year later, a new marriage, new couples, another ride on the trolley and same fun costumes and friends.


A quick trip to the concert, beautiful music and many, many people enjoying the outdoors, seeing the true beauty of our city as the sun sets.


Did I mention that the temps never got out of the 60's today, and this is the end of July???....better this than 95 and ghastly humid tho.  But sitting without a jacket for any length of time brings on the chills so after listening to that beautiful music for awhile we decided it was hot beverage time.  So more talk and then it was time for me to grab a cab to catch the 10:40 PM to get home by midnight.  What an absolutely beautiful evening I spent with two beautiful ladies.  They put the sunshine back into my life after a tearful week cleaning out the office.  Time was too short.


This is not the best picture, we waited too late, the sun was long gone, but it is the only one I have of Carol and me.  Don't we look happy??


So any of you that blog, I encourage you, that if you EVER have the opportunity to meet a fellow blogger, do it.  It's just "over-the-moon elating".  And speaking of moon....this was what I found at midnight as I drove home.  The moon was just rising, not very high in the sky, and looked amazing. So instead of "here comes the sun....it is here comes the moon."



Have a fantabulicious week!!!

Until next time.....






33 comments:

  1. Such a terrific day ... and lucky you ... more on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, made me a little nervous that all those clouds were reflecting in the Bean... especially if you were eating... hopefully not outside this time! Glad you got to hear the concert this time without getting drowned. Glad you are having a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deanna...looks like you had one terrific day as another blogger "came to life"! Your sunset photos of Chicago are amazing...just beautiful! You really know how to capture the light... hears to a better week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....I love your photos! But what got to me the most was the very first photo. At first I thought the lady seemed sad but I love how you noticed that she took the time to put the flower in her hair. Made me look at her completely differently. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie.....that's amore!
    That shot is beyond amazing!
    We need to meet so you can teach me how to be a better photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Deanna That was one special day and the last photo tells it all. I would love if I had a magic wand just to go and meet some other bloggers. Tha would be such fun especially if they were interested in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a great time with new friends! :) love your building shots, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the shots you got on your outing, especially the one of the bean!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all sounds just so wonderful! So happy for your meet up. It really is a pleasure to meet a blog friend. Blog friends are such a huge source of encouragement to me, and any chance to meet is not to be missed. Got to meet a friend last winter as I passed through her state. We had a wonderful, but quick date.

    That first image is really poignant and I love how you captured a little hope hanging on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely to meet your blogging buddy. I'd love that to happen to me one day as blogging friends are really special and we have so much in common. Your first photo was fantastic, no I don't think she would have taken kindly but what stories I am sure she could tell. Have a wonderful week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes- you look very happy! And I love every single picture you have taken.But the first one is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! I love the cityscapes and especially the Bean! I really want to see it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what fun this must have been, Deanna!
    I absolutely love the first image here.
    You have captured so much character in it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Bean!! One of my favorite parts of Chicago! Great shots for the song!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great day and you got some great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Deanna, I am SO jealous! Seriously, another blogger meet up...this girl just can't stand it!!! Thanks for taking us along your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such fun times you have. I have yet to meet any of my fellow bloggers (hope that changes) but I am so happy for you and love that you share your adventures with us. The "Bean" looks like the coolest thing ever. Fabulous shot of the moon too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. fabulous post and photos, the moon is outstanding. I am just trying to imagine hopping a train for Chicago, having all that fun, then getting home by midnight, such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun day and to meet a blog friend as well...I am so impressed with you traveling into Chicago and then getting back home at midnight. You could teach this southern gal a few things about being adventurous...You really got some wonderful shots on your day trip...I love the shot of the moon....What a way to end the day....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Deanna, what a fabulous day :). I am so glad u found the opportunity to take that first portrait. There is def a story in her face. And I love the reflection of the clouds and sky in the Bean! Thanks for joining up at Song-ography!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just LOVE your story behind the HERE COMES THE SUN shot. I like the way you think. I hope one day I get to see that bean. It's totally cool. Great post Deanna...and yes, you look happy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun day - you both look as though you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  23. All of these beautiful photos illustrate the song for me, in some way, especially the one of you and Carol--your beaming smiles are lovely and so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous images and looks and sounds like you had a fun filled day.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like you had a fabulous time my friend. I have to agree with you that it is the so much fun meeting up with blog friends. They are the best..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fun times! You are so adventurous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fantabulous day! Great pictures and memories. Chicago is such an entertaining city.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your blogger buddy had the best time, too. Meeting you was terrific, but I knew it would be. Hugs and cheers and take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I so admire you Deanna, you are my role model.....glad you had such a fab time...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, my heavens... have we connected before? I might be sitting next to you on the train as I live in the western suburbs here in Chicagoland. Small world! I love all the prose with your photos as it brings an added dimension to the visual. Happy to have met you here at Kathy's party.. we need to talk, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You have such an adventurous spirit! It sounds like you had a full day. I love this group of shots. That first photo has so much character to it and that second one is so great too...love all the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  32. A beautiful spot to meet a new friend - love that skyline and that burger you ate sounds wonderful! Sweet photo of two happy gals. So glad you had a better week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  33. Glad you were feeling better (you look great!) and had such a full day with friends in the city. Love that sunset shot and don't you wish you knew that woman's story?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.