Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Small Joys

As I sit here typing this post I have great music playing in the background on my computer...I think I may have mentioned before that I have Sirius XM in my car, which I absolutely love, makes my driving to see my sweetie so much nicer to hear the great oldies that I play while driving.  Last week I received an email from the friendly folk at Sirius offering a deal to add Sirius to your home computer or IPHONE for only $3.50 a month.  Well, I jumped at the chance for that deal.  So right now not only can I enjoy the sounds in my car, but at home as well, oh the small joys of life.  Right now "In the Mood" is playing....I am definitely in the mood for some swing and sway.  Love those "40's on 4".  

OK these images have absolutely nothing to do with Sirius or the 40's but fall into the category of small joys in my life.  The front porch at evening time, with the clematis vine on the front fence growing like a weed.  This will be covered with white blooms around Labor Day, sweet smelling and nectar for the bees.
 

This Friday I have a date with some girlfriends to attend "The Perennial Fest" at another favorite garden center locally.  It is supposed to be HOT, HOT, HOT so we are planning on heading out early. These next 3 pics are actually from last year's perennial fest that never got posted.


I am joining Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday...using her "Yesteryear" texture.  I think it gives a real old fashioned look to these images.



And finally, Kim's challenge to us this week in Beyond Layers is cups....and I do love cups.  This one is pretty special, it belonged to my Mom.  It was part of a full set of cups, saucers, small dishes, tea pot and sugar & creamer.  I just wish she was still with me so I could join her in a cup of tea and talk about happy things.  


I hope you find many small joys today.

"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with enjoying ourselves."  ~ Ludwig Wittgenstein

Until next time.....

22 comments:

  1. Well, let me try this again, blogger ate my previous comment! lol

    Love the pic of last year's perrenial fest and I have and love the pink gomphrena - it loves me too as it freely re-seeds itself everywhere.
    We will be in the triple digits again today, with real feel temps of 107!! UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve the flowers, love the text and special the last one. Let us have some tea! Super.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are so pretty. Your cup picture is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's is, and is going to be HOT, HOT, HOT here, too. We're pretty used to it here, though.

    Great photos and texture work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flower photos are so beautiful, a bit dream like. I very much like that. You inspired me to try that texture, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved sharing those small joys with you, Deanna. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh these photographs are so wonderful, what talent you have and I love the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post Deanna! Love the photos and the texture that you used! Enjoyed my visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Porch swings and flowers are always high on my list of faves. I love both the quotes your chose and Kim's yesteryear texture certainly does give your photos a vintage feel. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the first pic of last year's perennial fest, that so so gorgeous. And have to say the pics in your header are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deanna!

    These are all just beautiful. Love that tea cup too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the perspective of the cuppa Deanna....I LOVE those potted plants on the ladder. Have fun with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful photography and processing Deanna!

    I'm sorry about your husband. My father had Alzheimers and had to spend his last 18 mos. in a facility. He was an amateur photographer in his younger days and passed it on to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful, Deanna. Wonderful small joys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your textures and processing are fantastic! Have fun at the perennial fest!

    ReplyDelete
  16. all of your posey photos are just lovely...this is the perfect Texture Tuesday eDition for you : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sob, Blogger is acting up and is not uploading your photos. :( Will be back again later. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am back and I can see all your beautiful images now. :)
    Love your cuppa, so pretty and girly. Your flower photos are exquisite, as always.
    Have a fab day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your photos are just lovely, Deanna! I like how your clematis vine grows along your picket fence ... I'm looking to re-do my front garden so I'm filing this idea away. Have a wonderful weekend! xo, Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  20. You really put Kim's textures to good use. And I love your mama's teacup. So sweet. I wish my mama was still here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So many wonderful photos.. Your editing looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.