Monday, September 12, 2011

A Milk and Honey Monday

When I hear the term "milk & honey" I think of smoothness, sweet, creamy, easily flowing....and that is exactly the kind of day I had.  Sweet and flowing easily along with no bumps, just smooth like honey.  A stop at Walgreens to pick up some needed supplies for my sweetheart and off I went.  Driving on the highway I again noticed the fields turning golden yellow, many fields of corn & soy beans remain unharvested.  Not sure I understand the logic of that, but I am not a farmer and I sure do not understand farming ways.  The weather was beautiful, a gentle breeze, puffy clouds and comfortable temps, can't ask for more than that. 

After a visit with my sweetheart, and a quick trip by my daughter's home to say hello, I took the long way home to take a few photos.  I am always on the lookout for old barns.  As I drive the expressways, I see many set back from the road apiece, but stopping on the highway with trucks that never seem to know that the speed-limit is far slower than what they are driving, is not particularly safe.  So I comb the back roads and hope to find the perfect barn.

Love this barn, have photographed it several times, always in a different season.  I don't know how long it has been abandoned, but the windows are all broken, and there are gaps in the walls....perfect for a photograph.  Also thought I would try the b&w again.  I kinda like this in b&w, really brings out the texture in the wood. 


 Stopping to take photos of the barn there was a field of un-harvested corn.  I walked over and peeled back one of the husks, sorry, felt the need to take a picture of the corn drying on the stalk. 


The golden fields, the green of the trees and the blue of the sky does make for a nice shot of the countryside. 

Driving back into town I was able to stop a little easier to capture a few more images....


The pine trees are loaded with pine cones.  They are beautiful additions to fall & holiday decorating.  I need to get out and start gathering, before all the good ones are gone.  Altho looking around at all the pine trees in this area, I am positive there is plenty for all. 


I love this fall flower, the Fall Anemone.  It is soft and delicate, so unlike the brightly colored mums. I am sharing this at Lisa's Creative Exchange.  Hop on over and see all the beautiful images that are shared each week.  They are a delight!!

Arrived home just in time for a phone call from our son.  He is busy with wedding plans and sounds gloriously happy.  Makes a Mother so happy when her children are happy.    I ended this milk and honey day with having dinner with my good friend, Marti.  Her husband is usually not home on Monday evenings so we decided we would have dinner together, we went to a popular place in town known for their breakfasts & ice-cream desserts.  I had breakfast but no ice-cream.  Next time it's going to be ice-cream and no breakfast.  I LOVE ICE-CREAM!!!  Give me a Diary Queen Blizzard or a McDonald's McFlurry for breakfast, lunch or dinner and I am one happy camper.

"Because of our routines we forget that life is an on-going adventure."  ~  Maya Angelou

Until next time......

6 comments:

  1. Deanna, all of these photographs are wonderful, but oh, that barn!!!
    what a beautiful old structure, and your photograph of it is fantastic.
    I am with you on the ice cream! I could substitute it for a meal any day!!

    Thank you so much for sharing this at The Creative Exchange.

    Have a wonderful evening!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love those milk and honey days. I also love old barns, and you have inspired me to go out and photograph some this coming weekend. Don't you love seeing the world through your lens??!!!!! So much fun. Jeanne

    http://thebutterflymetamorphosis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Anemone...great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post! it sounds like your day was divine and you made the most of it. Your photography is very appealing to me. I especially love that barn with just a hint of colour - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! I love the composition and delicacy of the last.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely post with beautiful photos! Wishing you more "milk and honey" days!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.