I found this blog like I find most of them, by a click here and a click there and sometimes you find a treasure and sometimes you don't. It is just a list of questions which is a great approach to "stop and ponder." There are 16 questions. I am not going to answer them all, well, maybe I will. Let's see what happens...
1. Outside my window - the sun is shining, the breezes are blowing, the temps are quite cool, even the leaves are beginning to fall.
2. I am thinking - that I really should stop this post and finish the dishes, pick up the scatterings of last week and focus on one thing at a time.
3. I am thankful for - my life. It has calmed down in this last month and I am beginning to feel a sense of happiness and contentment again.
4. I am wearing - a pair of tannish brown jeans and a tan & white striped knit top. I haven't had jeans on since the summer began, but with the cool-front that moved thru night before last, jeans are a comfy choice.
5. I am creating - a poster for our Advent Tea at church, then on to decorating 2 small Christmas trees for the raffle.
6. I am going - to Colorado in a month and to California in November.
7. I am wondering - how I can do all the things I want to do.
8. I am reading - my book club's choice for September, "Here on Earth" by Alice Hoffman
9. I am hoping - that my 2 granddaughters both will have a great year at school.
10. I am hearing - nothing, totally peaceful, just the hum of the refrigerator. Oh, and the sound of Toby barking at someone passing by.
11. Around the house - I have 3 bathrooms that need some do-overs, just need to get started on that process.
This list does make you stop and think about your plans, dreams, how you are feeling, and maybe in doing so realize how good life really is.
Yesterday, my good friend Marti, invited me over for a "casual" dinner. Her idea of casual and mine are just a bit different. She served fresh green beans with carmalized onions & bacon, a fresh concoction of summer squash, zucchini, tomatoes, onions, garlic, garbonzo beans and probably more that was a taste sensation, hamburgers on the grill and brownies for dessert. Does that sound casual to you?? She must have meant casual in the sense that there was no candles burning on the table.
I am linking up today over at Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday. The challenge for today is to use last week's freebie "Crackerjack". Hop on over and check out all the great entries for this week's challenge.
So as a small thank-you for such a lovely dinner I am featuring Marti's cat, Gus for Texture Tuesday. Gus has the most beautiful green eyes and he was kind enough to pose for me as I snapped away. The 2 images are the same, the 1st is without the texture and the second one has been straightened, cropped and 2 layers of Crackerjack. The 1st layer in soft light 100%, the 2nd layer at linear burn at about 30% erasing the 1st layer on his eyes and nose.
Happy Tuesday all!!
"If you put everything off until you're sure of it, you'll get nothing done." - Norman Vincent Peale
Until next time......