Driving home I thought of my Mother who passed away almost a year ago and how much she loved the Fall colors. A wave of sadness came over me and tears streamed down my cheeks, you just never get over missing your Mom. I was blessed that she lived to be 91, most of it healthy, and she spent the last 2 1/2 years of her life living with us. Oh the stories she told....I do miss her lots and lots and lots.
But to ease that sadness I received a nice surprise when I logged on this morning to check e-mails and to see if anyone had left some blog lovin' comments. Nancy over at "A Rural Journal" nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award......after I picked myself up off of the floor, re-read it just to make sure I wasn't dreaming, did a little happy dance, and then remembered my manners and thanked Nancy profusely. Have you read her blog, she is phenomenal....and I'm not just sayin' that because she nominated me either.
I think there are a couple of rules that go with this award...1) I have to list 7 things about myself and 2) I have the honor of nominating others for this award.
- I grew up in Dallas, TX and was at the parade for President Kennedy when he was shot and killed. I almost threw a punch when someone referred to Dallas as "the place where they kill presidents." It amazes me sometimes at the stupidity of people.
- Our first child was born in an Army hospital and our entire bill was $5.27 which was for my meals. If I had fasted I guess our bill would have been $0.
- I am a real weinie when it comes to alcohol. I drink a screwtop wine with half wine and half Sprite. I may have a margarita if it is really sweet and really icy.
- I never watch TV during the day, night is a different story. I am a TV junkie at night.
- I took sleeping pills for 5 years, I have terrible insomnia, until I discovered I was sleepwalking into the kitchen each night and eating whatever I could get my hands on. After gaining a good 10 lbs I decided it was time to stop. Have been sleeping-pill free for a year, still have the 10 lbs.
- I love cheese pop-corn, if I open a bag, it is gone without sharing a lick.
- I still have a cleaning-lady that comes every two weeks. I live alone, I am retired, I have plenty of free time, I just don't like to clean. And I love when the WHOLE house is clean. If I clean, I might, I repeat might, get one floor clean in a whole day's time. I know my weaknesses.
- Barb at Keeping Up With The Times
- Kathy at You'll Shoot Your Eye Out
- Claudia at Dipity Road
- Olive at Love Life and Pictures
- Linda at My Happy Place
- Nadege at Moments in Time
- Stephani at A Defined Life
- Becky Sue at Rebecca the House Wrecka
- Reena at Missing Moments
- Kathy at Kathy goes a Ramblin
- Tricia at A Rosy Note
- Lisa at Lisa Gordon Photography
Participation in this award post is purely voluntary, but I think it's a great way to learn more about, and become better connected with, our blog friends and acquaintances. (PS I copied this right off of Nancy's blog, but she stated this so well that I plagerized this word for word)
Thank you again, Nancy for the nomination, it made my day!!
"Live to shed joys on others" ~ Henry Ward Beecher
Until next time.......