Wednesday, August 10, 2011

10 on 10

Stumbled upon this blog, you know how you stumble, a click here, a click there and you find the most interesting places.  Anyway A Bit of Sunshine 's blog encouraged her readers to take 10 photos in 10 hours on the 10th of the month.  Since today is August 10th, I thought I would give it a go.  I don't need much encouragement to take photos, but it is always nice to be challenged, don't you think.  So here it goes.....


The very first thing I do after I roll out of bed, is to put on my slippers and robe...I usually try not to go barefoot due to an attack of plantar fasciitus on my foot last summer that was extremely painful, limped around for weeks, ended up at the foot Dr. and one thing that could bring it on again is going barefoot.  So slippers are on, ready to start the day.  Coffee and newspaper are always a must and then....


 Some breakfast.  Now understand I do not fix this every morning, but felt the need for a scrambled egg with a little cheese and some bakery toast.  Tasted good.



Then it's time to make the bed and get dressed.  I am meeting some of my gal pals this AM at Barnes & Noble.  We try to do this every Wednesday in the summer.  Sometimes there are only 3 or 4 of us, this morning there were 7.  During the school year, September thru May we meet on Wednesdays for Bible Study, and to keep that connection going we continue to meet every Wednesday at B&N during the summer. No Bible Study involved, just chatter. 


A load of laundry and then off to B&N...



Before I left B&N I checked the magazine rack, always have to check the magazine rack for any interesting mags, and found the latest copy of Artful Blogging.  This is a beautiful magazine featuring several blogs each issue.  It's kinda of an expensive mag $14.99, but it really is quite lovely and I do believe it only comes out 4 times a year.  Immediately came home and sat on the screen porch and read, then fell asleep, so easy to do when it is quiet and my lids are droopy from reading. 


 Today was idyllic, the sky was a beautiful blue filled with these wonderous clouds, the temps were in the 70's and the humidity was low, so unlike most of the summer.  I could easily take these kind of days from now until fall. 


Toby sure enjoys days like today.  There are more people out walking their dogs and he loves being king of his property, protecting it from all intruders.  Running back and forth, barking, and annoying the heck out of all who pass by.  By nightfall he is plum tuckered out and sleeps like a rock thruout the night.  Not sure what kind of a watch-dog he would be if someone entered the house during the night since he sleeps so soundly.   


 A walk thru the garden revealed many flowers still blooming despite the intense heat and humidity we have had. 


My brother lives in Pagosa Springs, Colorado and I am planning on driving there in September, thought I better check the maps to see just how far of a drive it is.....ummm more than I thought.



And finally a little bouquet picked from the garden to brighten the screen porch table.  That is the dining room in the summertime.  Most all meals are eaten on the porch. 

So, this was my 10 on 10....really a fun way to document the day.  Now, all I have to do is remember to do this next month on the 10th.  Hope your 10th of August was pleasant, mine sure was.

"What a lovely surprise to discover how unlonely being alone can be."  -  Ellen Burstyn

Until next time......

12 comments:

  1. what fabulous pics...thanks for sharing such a pleasant day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your set! Those slippers are too cute and I love the expression over your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day. We had cool weather today too and now I can't wait until fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! I love the idea of doing this-I need to remember for next month! I have the samevquote above our bed...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deanna -- first let me say this is an awesome post. I love the little bits of your day. Thanks so much for sharing. I plan on doing this challenge at some point...

    Wanted to let you know I haven't been able to comment on blogs in the past few days that have embedded comments like yours... but I figured out something on my laptop and things appear to be working now. :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat way to document your day, and it looks like it was a wonderful one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your 10 on 10!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your wonderful day! I loved every bit of it and it's such a great way to document a day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely, Deanna! You did a fabulous job shooting ten in ten on the tenth. ;)

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Darlin! Thanks for the day trip!

    Each photo a wonderful story.

    :) You know I would adore your bedroom.

    So glad you seem upbeat and happy-- stay that way and call me some evening would love to catch up.

    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your 10 on 10 and a colorful and cheerful glimpse at your day.

    How far is your drive to CO? I used to live outside Denver several years ago. It's so pretty there. I can't wait to see your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.