Monday, August 29, 2011

If It's Monday It Must Be Yellow (or Orange)

What a lovely, lovely day today was, as I type this the evening is approaching and tonight I will be going to Bunco, a pleasure I have not had for awhile. Now any of you that do not know what Bunco is, I could pull your leg by saying it is an extremely difficult game that only the very sharp minded can enjoy, but instead, it is an extremely easy game that all can enjoy. There are 12 ladies that eat, drink, catch-up on all the family affairs, styles, TV shows, work issues, you know all that real important stuff. And while we are at it, we solve a few of the world problems, at least the way we would solve them if we were in power. All this while playing Bunco. I am happy to re-join this group, I have missed them all.

Catherine (my photo buddy) called this morning with news that she made it home from her trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons with 3,000+ pictures and tales of great times. We met for lunch to catch-up since much has happened in the week that she has been gone. Isn't it nice to have friends to share a lunch with at the spur of the moment? And now dinner with my Bunco buddies, how in the world am I gonna lose that weight before Lane's wedding??!! Oh well, I'll start tomorrow.

Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday challenge this week is the color orange along with one of her textures, ofcourse.  After my lunch date with Catherine I stopped at "The Growing Place", my fav nursery that is too conveniently located near our home.  I needed to find some orange for Kim's TT.  As I strolled thru the grounds, yellow is definitely the color of the hour.  I was hoping for some burnt orange mums that are nature's fall icon, but none to be found.  Not yet, anyway.  But this is what I did find......




Isn't this a fan-my-brow fabulous late season bloomer?  All those deep lush colors just scream autumn.




The same blazing flower just a different angle.  This is my entry for Lisa's Creative Exchange this week.  She always has such amazing photos on her site and many words of wisdom.  Hop on over and enjoy Lisa and all the entries for this week's Creative Exchange.



More beauties basking in the sun....



After all that complaining I did in July about the heat and humidity, August, for the most part, has been filled with delightful temps, low humidity, striking blue skies, the perfect "sitting on the back porch" weather.  I had to show off the blue sky again, and I am hoping that all those places that were ravaged by Irene have bright blue skies and sunshine today.  My heart goes out to all those who suffered losses. 





These little flowers reminded me of fall with their orange and yellow petals....




And finally, my entry for Texture Tuesday.  I used 2 of Kim's textures, 1 layer of cracker jack at 100% soft light, duplicated the same layer and changed it to linear burn with about 30% opacity.  Just play around with the opacity for linear burn, sometimes it can be really harsh but by reducing the opacity it can become quite nice.  Then I added a layer of "stitch in time" 100% soft light.  I removed some of the texture on the flower with a soft brush set at about 50% opacity. 

I hope your day was filled with yellow sunshine and your week brings sunshine to your heart. 

"You never know when you are making a memory."  -  Rickie Lee Jones

Until next time....

25 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post. you're a hoot! and your photos are dreamy lovely. happy day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm....you are putting thoughts of Autumn in my head. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful flower shots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous photographs these are Deanna, and your Bunco group sounds simply wonderful. How fortunate you are to be able to do this with so many friends.

    Thank you so very much for your kind words, and for sharing this today at The Creative Exchange.

    Sending you wishes for a wonderful evening!

    lisa. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these are gorgeous - I haven't tackled Textures yet but these really make me want to try my hand at it! Hope you won at Bunco - I know you had fun. I used to belong to a group and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, just stunning shots. Hope you had a great night with your friends.

    I used to be part of a group of Bunco ladies! Many years ago. I miss it.

    Hope you have a blessed day♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the shots! My favorite those is the one for texture tuesday. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful images, love all of them . . . . and friends really are the best. Enjoy your time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely shots. Thanks for the detailed recipe for your processing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha...we have a Bunco group in our neighborhood too...the husbands "affectionately" call it "Drunk-o". Wow, your "Texture Tuesday" edit is brilliant! Looks like a chalk or colored pencil piece of artwork. Gorgeous.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful words! Breathtaking photos!!! Wonderful.

    Thank you so much for your very kind and touching words on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures, The picture for Texture Tuesday is fantastic, fine work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Somehow I knew when I first spied your profile picture, that you were and are, a sociable lady. So happy you have good friends around you to keep you smiling and laughing.

    Your flower photos are lovely, Deanna. I love your style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Deanna, your flower pics are ever so gorgeous! I played Bunco for 25 years when I lived in Birmingham, but haven't since I've been retired to NC. I loved it...we had such a good time and lots of laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What really fabulous shots. Sounds like you have a fun evening planned. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My dear friend -- I am so happy for your obvious joy. You are enjoying your life and I am proud of this beautiful blog you have.

    Im trying to venture into a coupel of textures this week too. Ugggh not as nice as yours though!

    Hugs hon -- wish I could run to lunch with you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful set of images Deanna! Just love the textured one with the stitching/zigzag best I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all the fall color flowers you found but the one for TT is so gorgeous. Your editing work really made it into a work of art. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful textured work here, all of your other pics are wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow again! I am so inspired by all these photos - look at that big bokeh in the third one! look at that blue sky against the sunflower and your TT entry is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.