Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Gal Pals

Today I met with some of my gal pals that I have not seen in quite a while.  We met for a late lunch and talked, laughed, made plans, talked some more, laughed some more, it was heaven.  The four of us went to Door County, Wisconsin (the Cape Cod of the Midwest) last year for 3 days and OMG did we have fun.  We shopped, ate, laughed, talked, shopped more, laughed more, talked more, what a great time we had together.  I feel another trip coming as soon as we can.  One is in the midst of a move, one is in the midst of a wedding for her daughter, so plans may have to come later.  But they will come.  Every woman needs friends to have fun with, laugh with, cry with, shop with, share secrets with, there is just nothing like girlfriends.  We all met at the Stamp Shack, a rubber stamp store, that unfortunately closed.  Two of us worked there and the other two shopped there.  We formed a wonderful friendship first based on our love of rubber-stamping and scrap-booking, and continued to grow far beyond the hobby.



I loved working at The Stamp Shack, it was an absolute dream job.  Not only did I sell, but I was able to order fun things for the store, teach classes, demonstrate the newest products to our customers, attend classes, go to great conventions, it was wonderful.  We all loved working there and soooo sad when the owner decided to close.  That was probably 6 or 7 years ago, and many of us are still really good friends.  I never worked after that, I knew I could never find a job like that again.  I shouldn't really call it a job, it was just too much fun to be called a job.  I spent most of my paycheck on new products that rolled into the store almost daily, so all it did was pay for my obsession.  If you are a rubber stamper or a scraper you know what I mean about obsession.  The above is a small sample of my work. 



I loved making little mini books...this one was for my Mom, a rememberance of a summer.  I loved creating them, she loved receiving them.  Haven't done this for awhile, now that I am beginning a new journey I may return to doing this again.  I still have all my "stuff".  Remember that obsession I talked about. 

Anybody watching "So You Think You Can Dance"?  Wow, what great dancers.  I am torn as to who I like the best, they are all so brilliant.  I really like Sasha....and I also like Melanie.  I think the winner  may be a girl this year.  Those 2 are unbelievable. 

"Begin doing what you want to do now.  We are not living in eternity.  We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand - and melting like a snowflake."  -  Marie Beyon Ray

Until next time......

2 comments:

  1. Always fun hanging with girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a great time, Deanna! That job sounds really fantastic and your crafts work is simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.