Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Series 52 - #2 Mail

Oh I am so far behind in my postings and I DO have a really good excuse, my son Lane was in town for 3 days, left this morning at 6:00 AM (sob, sob), but brought his soon-to-be-bride (yeah! yeah!)along to meet the P's.  I was not too surprised when he told me that they were getting married, but what surprised me is that the wedding is planned for Dec. 3 in California.  Dec. 3rd, OMG that is 3 months away.  Oh well, I digress from the subject at hand (but I really had to tell the terrific news right away) and that would be Nancy's Rural Journey Sunday Series 52, Week 2.  And this week the subject is mail....


Earlier this week I received this sweet note from a friend that I haven't seen in quite awhile.  Doesn't it warm your heart when "out of the blue" you receive a hand-written note delivered to your mailbox at your home instead of your "inbox" on the internet?  How much more time it took to find the card, write the note, stamp & address the envelope, and actually place it in a mail box to be mailed leaves a thankful imprint on my heart.  I must remember how much it meant to me, and find the time to do this for others. 

Hope you receive lots of mail this week that leaves a thankful imprint on your heart. 

"Appreciation in any form at any time brightens anyone's existence" - Ruth Stafford Peale

Until next time......


Linking up with Nancy's.....

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials, Mom! I hope you don't have too much to do in the mere 3 months left. :)

    And thank you for joining in at SS 52 this week. I don't receive much in the way of handwritten cards or letters, so when I do, it's such a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fabulous to receive cards in the mail - I sure don't get very many though . . . only one hand-made one at Christmas from a real good friend . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card....love it, love it.
    Great shot..and sorry to think that one day it may be a practice of the past receiving a bright happy card in the mail!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.